New milking parlour

I taught you said it wouldn't "speed it up" ? Could ye by pass the jars in yere old plant padraig ?
I don't think the acrs will speed things up for you, but the turbo realise will. Ya what happened was you put the switches into a certain position, the milk came in to the jars and when it got to a certain height it flowed up the line

When you say through the jars you mean into them conami ? What's duvoc ? I never heard of that turbo realese before, would the milk leave the jar while cluster still attached to cow ...

When you say through the jars you mean into them conami ? What's duvoc ? I never heard of that turbo realese before, would the milk leave the jar while cluster still attached to cow ...
What is contami? Duvoc is were the cluster will stay on the cow after she has milked but with well reduced vacuum basically enough just to keep the cluster on the cow. Ya milk is constantly leaving the jar and stays that way even when you swap to the next. If you want to have a look at our old parlour here that is no bother at all

Have room to go to 16 here and don't think I'd put on removers. Teagasc lad was here about something else and he said to put in all the extras and get the 40 per cent grant. But id rather stick on a cheap second hand six units onto existing 10 unit.

Contami is your man that posted a thread there while ago ! Can't see the advantage in that duvoc.. Is the turbo realese another button or handle then some where ?

Massey 6480 when the machine comes off the cow then does it let the milk go out of the jar automatically or how does it work ?

Massey 6480 when the machine comes off the cow then does it let the milk go out of the jar automatically or how does it work ?
Here they hold the milk and let it go to the tank manually . But it can be set so once the clusters come off the jar will empty automatically. Now to the best of my knowledge you can milk through the jar and the milk just fills to the height of the milk line and then heads automatically to the tank .

Reactions: Paw
I've worked in 2 parlours with ACR's and jars. You can put them to hold the milk and release manually (for recording or dumping) or release automatically when clusters come off.

How can you milk through the jars Massey 6480 ? What make of parlours were they you worked in paw ? Because we can't milk through the jars here unless there is some thing I am doing wrong but I doubt it. There must be that turbo release or some thing fitted to those parlours ?

Not sure what make they were (it's near 20 years since I was in them). The one, an 8/16 over head, I was only night milking ever 3rd day, don't know whether that one would milk straight through, never tried. If I remember right they still had manual valves to hold the milk for recording, this was left open for normal milking. The other was a 12/12 low line. There was 2 vacuum switches on the jar, one configuration would hold the milk while milking then let it go when the cluster came off, another way would hold the milk when the cluster came off and I'm pretty sure you could milk straight through if you set the switches a 3rd way. It was something like both up, both down and one up/one down.

How can you milk through the jars Massey 6480 ? What make of parlours were they you worked in paw ? Because we can't milk through the jars here unless there is some thing I am doing wrong but I doubt it. There must be that turbo release or some thing fitted to those parlours ?
See the pic for the diagram for the switches
.4405F641-1521-45BD-AABA-ED7795C86B85.jpeg
Both up milk through the jar (I think ) . Left up right down emptying jar in to bucket . Both down for washing. Right up left down milk in to the jar . Best of my knowledge that’s how they work I don’t milk the cows here .

Ya it depends where the milk line is in relation to the jars. Cos if you milk through the jars they fill up as far as the milk line and then just stay at that level until your finished milking and you release the last of it

I can't believe the talk of jars,they are so 1970s :lol:

When I started milking in 2002 I collected jars and associated parlours,ended up with 38 jars,never put a single one in and went direct line,not a chance I'd ever go back to jars,a single milkline is far easier to keep clean as it doesn't lose much heat when washing.

Different job here massey just 1 handle that does the lot, and it can't be turned any other way or anything to milk through the jars. I tryed to put up a photo but it wouldn't load

I have tryed putting the handle in all them different positions and there is no difference, as for the big handle you turn for washing if I put that in washing position there is no vacume for milking then . Milk line is very near top of jars. Were you able to milk through the jars in your old parlour padraig?

I have tryed putting the handle in all them different positions and there is no difference, as for the big handle you turn for washing if I put that in washing position there is no vacume for milking then . Milk line is very near top of jars. Were you able to milk through the jars in your old parlour padraig?
Ya we could lad. We up graded it back in 05 got the cows to 2ft 6in lifted the jars up put in a dumpline and the turbo realise and new recieving jar at the top and a new plate cooler

Back