Factory Prices General thread

Anyone see the independent today. Things look to be improveing marginally and Donegal factory has shaken things up a bit with a few different bits of bonuses for certain specs and paying the qa on all grades

Given that they are surrounded practically on all sides by water doubt any of the factories are too worried about what they are doing.

I would insist that cattle are not mixed in the lairage as thats only asking for trouble, but this would be at anytime of delivery.

I have never seen any difference in kill out %
I think one of the factories were dealing with won’t let them be mixed, each herd has to be into a separate pen. I know the last time we mixed a load with the neighbour the lorry man had to split them when he got there. I think they said they don’t really want mixed loads of cattle coming in, that they’d prefer each load came direct farm to factory, but I think that may also be being pushed as part of the China deal

I think one of the factories were dealing with won’t let them be mixed, each herd has to be into a separate pen. I know the last time we mixed a load with the neighbour the lorry man had to split them when he got there. I think they said they don’t really want mixed loads of cattle coming in, that they’d prefer each load came direct farm to factory, but I think that may also be being pushed as part of the China deal

Could well be. The pig plant in Grannagh is totally seperate from the beef plant and is security fenced to minimise/negate intrusion from unauthorised persons. A farmer after delivering his cattle went into the yard of the pig plant last year when the security gate was open and from what I was told he got a right bollicking. I understand the security on the pig plant is because of the Chinese customers and there does be a lot of customer audits on the plant along with the obligatory department ones, there was 5 audits in August alone.

Anyone know what stock bulls are makeing atm? Was offerd 2.60 today, i taught the would be closer to cow prices?

Stock bull price is always less than cull cow price often a euro a kg, at least any stock bull we sold anyway. But I cud be wrong.

I killed a few last week and I had a battle to get them killed not to mention a price.

With the weather changing, I wonder are factories being flooded with finished/nearly finished cattle off the grass?

The media seems to be infatuated with the numbers killed but a lot of the increase is due to cull cows and more young bulls are being killed too Plus everyone knows quality is diminishing with lower carcass weights. I wonder are the quantities of beef actually much higher than last year?

It would be a hard job to get cattle into the factorys this week with the rain coming.

With the weather changing, I wonder are factories being flooded with finished/nearly finished cattle off the grass?

The media seems to be infatuated with the numbers killed but a lot of the increase is due to cull cows and more young bulls are being killed too Plus everyone knows quality is diminishing with lower carcass weights. I wonder are the quantities of beef actually much higher than last year?

I was in the factory yesterday evening and I thought that it wasn't that busy. I was only out the gate and I seen a big yank tank pulling in with a load of cattle so things can change quickly.

I was in the factory yesterday evening and I thought that it wasn't that busy. I was only out the gate and I seen a big yank tank pulling in with a load of cattle so things can change quickly.

The forums Beef Baron ?

I was at a funeral last night / this morning , and rumuor was floating of a 5 c a kilo cut.

I killed 2 under 16 month bulls last Thursday , and they were booked in for 2 and a half weeks.

The forums Beef Baron ?

I was at a funeral last night / this morning , and rumuor was floating of a 5 c a kilo cut.

I killed 2 under 16 month bulls last Thursday , and they were booked in for 2 and a half weeks.

Looked like dp alright. It's a similar setup with my agent as well. Normal setup before they pull the price.:no:

So the minister thinks it's OK that us finishers can send stock to the factory and have them trimmed under inspection, issue fines and then not lot us know which factories are not up to scratch :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Would he have a similar reaction if it was incorrect testing of milk :scratchhead::scratchhead:

:censored:

So the minister thinks it's OK that us finishers can send stock to the factory and have them trimmed under inspection, issue fines and then not lot us know which factories are not up to scratch :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Would he have a similar reaction if it was incorrect testing of milk :scratchhead::scratchhead:

:censored:

Does anybody else think that the minister rolled over very easily on this in the end?

I wonder will The factories Have their say On It yet?
He might have rolled over but did he have much choice, it would probably have leaked out from those that got compensated, how long before we see the list of names, in the greater scheme of things there is still only a fraction inspected and a €200 fine on each of the 19 on the spot offences is hardly a deterrent.

He might have rolled over but did he have much choice, it would probably have leaked out from those that got compensated, how long before we see the list of names, in the greater scheme of things there is still only a fraction inspected and a €200 fine on each of the 19 on the spot offences is hardly a deterrent.

Agree completely and while I think It should Never have been An issue about publishing the list, the beef industry has far bigger issues at present.

What's the outlook for the spring. With the high numbers being killed will cattle eventually dry up.

Back