bales vs clamp

Did you put the same grass in the pit?

am confused so.

Would be very interesting to test both.

was there a run from the Pit?

I made 10 bales this year, have used 4 of them in late November, the rest can sit there and hopefully someone will need them more than I do next March, horrible yokes bollixing about with wrap and net..

Ya should of made 3 more and you'd of had a full load for your new bale trailer.

Ya should of made 3 more and you'd of had a full load for your new bale trailer.
They were made long before the ploughing so the only way would have been to buy a smaller trailer I suppose..:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

I think there OK to feed them but not in crazy numbers.
I feed for lads during the winter if there on holidays or whatever feed for one lad every year two bales a day nice dry stuff.
Can't stand handling bales when there's wet silage in them you would have a smell off you.

I think there OK to feed them but not in crazy numbers.
I feed for lads during the winter if there on holidays or whatever feed for one lad every year two bales a day nice dry stuff.
Can't stand handling bales when there's wet silage in them you would have a smell off you.

That's what gloves are for :Whistle2:

Lads with pits forget about having to get up And strip them down with tyres full of water and the sheet blowing around....

Lads with pits forget about having to get up And strip them down with tyres full of water and the sheet blowing around....
It still seems to be on your cloths and boots and so on.
When I done the maize in England one of the morning routines was myself and another Irish lad had to go to the AD plant with two loads that were in a pit in a field.
Two English lads came out with us one day to strip back the tyres and get it opened.
The pit was nearly half gone and I never pulled back the plastic.
The rats the darkness and the rain I couldn't face it.
Just boomed the telliporter out to the last And pushed plastic and tyres back

but you only have to strip the pit once a week, gloves and waterproof trousers and its done with and it doesn,t matter how hard its raining you never have to leave the cab for the rest of the week :Thumbp2:

but you only have to strip the pit once a week, gloves and waterproof trousers and its done with and it doesn,t matter how hard its raining you never have to leave the cab for the rest of the week :Thumbp2:

Would you not have to get out to milk the cows or go in for your dinner

It still seems to be on your cloths and boots and so on.
When I done the maize in England one of the morning routines was myself and another Irish lad had to go to the AD plant with two loads that were in a pit in a field.
Two English lads came out with us one day to strip back the tyres and get it opened.
The pit was nearly half gone and I never pulled back the plastic.
The rats the darkness and the rain I couldn't face it.
Just boomed the telliporter out to the last And pushed plastic and tyres back

I don't know what you are at if the smell is on your clothes or boots or maybe contractors are getting soft.:scratchhead: and I'm the one who seems to attract dirt and s##t here!

No fancy bale shear, lift bale out of heap, drive to barrier, cut the end out of the bale fully, turn bale up like a bean tin, use end of tines to pull the plastic right up off the bale, unroll twine (you just cut it if you wish), turn bale over.

Had my father with me this morning on the ground and had two bales in doing that approach in seven minutes.:smile:

I don't know what you are at if the smell is on your clothes or boots or maybe contractors are getting soft.:scratchhead: and I'm the one who seems to attract dirt and s##t here!

No fancy bale shear, lift bale out of heap, drive to barrier, cut the end out of the bale fully, turn bale up like a bean tin, use end of tines to pull the plastic right up off the bale, unroll twine (you just cut it if you wish), turn bale over.

Had my father with me this morning on the ground and had two bales in doing that approach in seven minutes.:smile:
You wouldn't know what wet silage is like in wexico.
Pull the bake out of the stack cut the round part of the plastic off.
Drive into the shed stand the bale.
Pull the rest of the plastic off with the prongs.
Take off the net when the bales are in

You wouldn't know what wet silage is like in wexico.
Pull the bake out of the stack(climb out of cab) cut the round part of the plastic off. (Walk away with it to get it out of the way and climb back into cab)
Drive into the shed stand the bale.
Pull the rest of the plastic off with the prongs. climb out of cab and remove plastic out of the way then take off the net, to do this properly it all needs to be removed including the bit under the bale if its over edge net, failure to do this ends up with it in the slats and wrapped around the slurry pump:angry::curse:, climb back into cab and move bale closer to the stock being fed and attempt to break it up a little which can be a pain because the lad with the chopper baler has been so busy he hadn't time to keep a bit of edge. If you want to avoid getting smelly hands put on gloves and remove them every time you get back into the tractor. Repeat as necessary until all stock are fed.
Edited a bit of that , now compare to remove tyres into loader bucket and take to storage until sufficient area uncovered, roll back plastic, switch bucket for sheargrab, sit in cab and stay there until sufficient grabs have been placed at feed rail.

Edited a bit of that , now compare to remove tyres into loader bucket and take to storage until sufficient area uncovered, roll back plastic, switch bucket for sheargrab, sit in cab and stay there until sufficient grabs have been placed at feed rail.
Every bale I get out twice once to cut off the bottom of the bale and carry that to the disposal area next time is to carry the rest of the plastic to it.
Although if you only barely nip it with the prong it will fall off when you flick the grab.
I think a shear grab would work well feeding bales like you mention

Every bale I get out twice once to cut off the bottom of the bale and carry that to the disposal area next time is to carry the rest of the plastic to it.
Although if you only barely nip it with the prong it will fall off when you flick the grab.
I think a shear grab would work well feeding bales like you mention
ah shure if your putting the shear grab on head for the pit:Thumbp2::Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

Back