Thorpes Pic's

Love the picture of the T7. It just looks "busy on the land" , the lights going on and the lads got a lot to do,,, maybe the weathers going to break?? Maybe the "boss" is pressing hard with the drill??
Thanks Big Vern. That photo is one of favourites of 2018. A smashing evening weather wise, warm, no breeze and the crew under no pressure what so ever. The T7 was working with the MF6490 in the first photo on the same farm. 2 very fine ploughmen with the ground ploughing up very nicely.

Been working on a little project with a few friends over the summer. A taste of what is to come (best viewed in full screen and in HD if you can). Any feed back would be very much appreciated as well.
Happy Christmas everyone and thank you one and all for your help throughout 2018. You all have been a great help over the years

Thorpe, thank you for that video, outstanding, and as already said epic piece of music, even me missus said oh that's a bit good,,,,

Thorpe, thank you for that video, outstanding, and as already said epic piece of music, even me missus said oh that's a bit good,,,,
Thank you for your reply. It is very much appreciated. There was a fair amount of work gone into for and it was only 4 min long. We have better footage from the summer from both the ground and drone

You don't see too many Hi tip trailers like the one you've captured Thorpe in Ireland!

That and the 12m early Vaderstad ring roller were great finds :Thumbp2:

You don't see too many Hi tip trailers like the one you've captured Thorpe in Ireland!

That and the 12m early Vaderstad ring roller were great finds :Thumbp2:
Sound Nash, they are very very rare find alright. Very handy as a seed tender. I know of another one around but haven't seen it out for a few years now. It was also used as a seed tender. The 12m Vaderstad roller is own by the same farmer along with the 6175R & Kuhn drill and the 7290R with the Lemken 6 furrow plough pictured above. All operating within a half mile of one another.

i wonder how many mortgages were taken out to buy some of that machinery. kind of makes you wonder what we are doing wrong that we cant afford a newer machine or what we are doing right that we are not buying a newer machine so we aren't putting ourselves into crippling debt

Zetor 8045 :Thumbp2::wub:

Fastracs would be a rare find for you.
That 8045 got a make over a few years ago (at the time it still was in good condition). It is in near perfect condition today. No sign of any leaks from it. Does a nice bit during the harvest as well.
A few Fastracs around here but not a lot to be honest. Fairly rare to find them at tillage work as well. First time I've seen one ploughing locally. Seen one or two more with a power harrow or a trailed drill, the rest I've seen either at road work or drawing straw, silage or grain.

i wonder how many mortgages were taken out to buy some of that machinery. kind of makes you wonder what we are doing wrong that we cant afford a newer machine or what we are doing right that we are not buying a newer machine so we aren't putting ourselves into crippling debt
Don't discourage anyone from buying new cause there'd be no secondhand without.:wink:

Back