Seen for sale...

Going off thread but the observations are generally as follows:

West Cork people are generally more openly welcoming to strangers. They will generally engage in conversation with strangers sooner than an east cork person. In a doctors waiting room for example.
Probably a stronger community involvement in West Cork.

East Cork people are more private and not as quick to strike up conversation if they don’t know you.
East Cork people are more likely to demonstrate openly that they don’t like you whereas a West Cork person will smile and laugh with someone they dislike so that the person is none the wiser.

Some West Cork people will ask you your blood type. I drive the mosey types mad by answering nothing straight and asking them lots of questions.

The above is based on many years of observation and friends from both sides of the county.
Good observations, very funny but true, my wife is from east cork her parents moved there from west cork back in the 80's and they would say the same.

Good observations, very funny but true, my wife is from east cork her parents moved there from west cork back in the 80's and they would say the same.

Good to know - If things get rough down the line for both of us perhaps we could have a wife amnesty - return them to their natural environments :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is the “seen for sale” thread after all

Going off thread but the observations are generally as follows:

West Cork people are generally more openly welcoming to strangers. They will generally engage in conversation with strangers sooner than an east cork person. In a doctors waiting room for example.
Probably a stronger community involvement in West Cork.

East Cork people are more private and not as quick to strike up conversation if they don’t know you.
East Cork people are more likely to demonstrate openly that they don’t like you whereas a West Cork person will smile and laugh with someone they dislike so that the person is none the wiser.

Some West Cork people will ask you your blood type. I drive the mosey types mad by answering nothing straight and asking them lots of questions.

The above is based on many years of observation and friends from both sides of the county.
I would consider that a very good analysis of both species. A very good way of telling them apart is an East Corkman will always call you lad,and the West Corkman will call you boy. It was during my truck driving days that I made most of my observations as well.

I would consider that a very good analysis of both species. A very good way of telling them apart is an East Corkman will always call you lad,and the West Corkman will call you boy. It was during my truck driving days that I made most of my observations as well.

Now, what about the Mid Cork crowd & the North Cork crowd? Or are they a mix of East & West?

You'd hardly get a good 135 for this money, 5.5k

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-9520/20624302

Y2I1NjRiNjMzMzU3NWM2YmQ2NjA1YzYzZGU4ZDAzODdEyT8KIdcQKD793NSuvpl0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTUwMDAzNzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Lovely!

Wheels look to be painted but hopefully the rest is original.

Could they really do 70kph?
The lads here with them think 1 is 50 and the other was 40
Last time I was in the house with him he was telling me he was going to mallow with a load of beet in the 90s and a fendt 515 passed him out
Edit I got my. Numbers wrong

Lovely!

Wheels look to be painted but hopefully the rest is original.

Could they really do 70kph?

The idea of an MB Trac was bugging me. So dug out a brochure.....

For models up and including the 1600, it shows a max speed of 40kph. Perhaps this was increased in later models?

Most of them around me ended up being crashed, no surprise if lads were going to 50kph and beyond...

899376CC-D34F-45BB-9FAE-2A6916C882C6.jpeg 3D92C796-05DB-4F99-A3E2-6A1A81DA62EA.jpeg

The smaller ones were definitely maxed out at 40km/hr.

Had always thought the bigger ones did more. There's a 1500 nearly here and it's definitely more like 50km/hr :Whistle2:

They have a lovely purr off them under load and then the hiss of air as well :wub:

The smaller ones were definitely maxed out at 40km/hr.

Had always thought the bigger ones did more. There's a 1500 nearly here and it's definitely more like 50km/hr :Whistle2:

They have a lovely purr off them under load and then the hiss of air as well :wub:
There was a 1500 used draw beet to mallow from Cahir direction, it was a pain in the hole to every truck, it would piss downhills at over 70 km/h a foot over the white line then drop to 30 km/h at the smell of an uphill, still a foot over the white line.

There was a 1500 used draw beet to mallow from Cahir direction, it was a pain in the hole to every truck, it would piss downhills at over 70 km/h a foot over the white line then drop to 30 km/h at the smell of an uphill, still a foot over the white line.
Wasn't there a lad drawing stuff out of Dublin with one for years?
150hp is nothing trying to maintain speed uphill.
They used say the same about the 155 fastracs.
Once you got to top speed you had to start slowing down again

Back