Factory Prices General thread

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/revealed-factory-feedlot-contribution-to-irish-beef-kill/

Just goes to show the shocking poor standard of reporting on agriland!! You can be a "feedlot" and have zero arrangement with the factory, its basically just saying you must go direct to slaughter no farm to farm sales. It is purely a TB based designation where you can buy in if you have a reactor but you don't get compensation.
Woeful, sensationalist stuff. They use the terms "feedlot" and "factory feedlot" interchangeably which suggests they are the same. I would be interested to know the proportion of the annual kill that is owned and controlled by the factory but this isn't the way to find out. Lots of feedlots are not factory controlled. Also, am I right in saying that factory controlled cattle can be finished and slaughtered in non-feedlot status holdings?

Woeful, sensationalist stuff. They use the terms "feedlot" and "factory feedlot" interchangeably which suggests they are the same. I would be interested to know the proportion of the annual kill that is owned and controlled by the factory but this isn't the way to find out. Lots of feedlots are not factory controlled. Also, am I right in saying that factory controlled cattle can be finished and slaughtered in non-feedlot status holdings?

Maybe It was a slow day In the office :rolleyes2:, your last point Is correct.

The factorys fined for excessive trimming are named.

The rest must be saints

https://www.independent.ie/business...-breaches-of-carcase-trim-rules-37649948.html

The list Is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard In my view :unsure:

Let them grade U+, that's 24 cents extra plus 12c for Quality Assurance so 36 cents which brings it back to a base price of 3.89/kg.

Given that steers are welded on 3.75 for the last few weeks and factories have a dislike for bulls at present, someone must be telling a few fibs :rolleyes2:
There is a German/Wexican who often pays well for good stock that meet his spec.

I was talking to an agent for a factory today (never thought to ask him which factory) and he said he had a pain in his hole ringing around for certain types of cattle, the factory were being fussy about what they'd take in.

Heard that's there's a long wait to get certain types killed. You can't negotiate much when that's the situation.
Have a double of well done fr. Cows and can't get any interest in them. Quoting 2.60/2.80 for P/O. Has anyone heard of better???

Heard that's there's a long wait to get certain types killed. You can't negotiate much when that's the situation.
Have a double of well done fr. Cows and can't get any interest in them. Quoting 2.60/2.80 for P/O. Has anyone heard of better???

And God help you if they are bulls.:tdown:

Was half hoping the holidays might stabilise things and lead to a slight lift given most plants have not killed for nearly two weeks now but doesn't seem that way.

And God help you if they are bulls.:tdown:

Was half hoping the holidays might stabilise things and lead to a slight lift given most plants have not killed for nearly two weeks now but doesn't seem that way.

Local place killed last Friday

Back