Today's Drive

mixed fleet

20190106_114838.jpg
20190106_114823.jpg
20190106_114853.jpg
20190106_114904.jpg
20190106_114955.jpg
20190106_115035.jpg
And unfortunately it's just today (quick spin)
It's quite a pet
ooh the sound, certainly not anything like a "mouse's heart"
more of a formula 1 snarl.
I believe the price is in the region of a 3 - 400 hp Fendt.
life is all about choices :rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

View attachment 62020 View attachment 62021 View attachment 62022 View attachment 62023 View attachment 62024 View attachment 62025 And unfortunately it's just today (quick spin)
It's quite a pet
Perfect runaround for a Large tillage or beef barron. A dairy farmer wouldnt look after it.

Absolutely smashing car. Someday when I stop farming I might have the price of it. Probably be a long way from 2018 though :unsure:. I suppose it'll have the cheap tax by then, been vintage and all...

View attachment 62020 View attachment 62021 View attachment 62022 View attachment 62023 View attachment 62024 View attachment 62025 And unfortunately it's just today (quick spin)
It's quite a pet

Savage looking machine :Thumbp2:

What’s the background? How did you get it for a day?

Aye they have a great growl about them, Especially when you select angry mode :eek3::eek3:

His brother sales man in big the smoke

Ah Jaysus, there's always someone to blow your cover :tdown::tdown:
I was looking forward to spinning a good yarn to @CORK about how I funded my latest runabout.
Buoyant market for Bales of rushes or Friesian Bull's.
Or very favourable P.C.P. H.P. IOU never never, on the drip.
It's only dear the day you buy it .:eek3::lol::eek3::lol::eek3::lol::scratchhead:

Ah Jaysus, there's always someone to blow your cover :tdown::tdown:
I was looking forward to spinning a good yarn to @CORK about how I funded my latest runabout.
Buoyant market for Bales of rushes or Friesian Bull's.
Or very favourable P.C.P. H.P. IOU never never, on the drip.
It's only dear the day you buy it .:eek3::lol::eek3::lol::eek3::lol::scratchhead:

Doesn’t matter how you got to drive it, I’m insanely jealous.

Took an M5 for a fast spin on the Cashel bypass once, that was as powerful as I’ve ever driven.
Friend did 190mph on the same stretch in a Porsche.

Some of us need a bit of madness to stay sane.

Enjoy!

Took an M5 for a fast spin on the Cashel bypass once, that was as powerful as I’ve ever driven.

Enjoy!
190mph is some savage speed on a public road regardless of vehicle brand! I wouldn't be brave enough...I was a passenger in a Nissan Bluebird doing 125mph once and also a Fiesta XR2i doing 110mph. Never again please!

190mph is some savage speed on a public road regardless of vehicle brand! I wouldn't be brave enough...I was a passenger in a Nissan Bluebird doing 125mph once and also a Fiesta XR2i doing 110mph. Never again please!

I got a Hillman Hunter wound up to a shake over 90 mph once , going down a hill.:scared:

I could see an XR2i doing the 110 but the Bluebird doing 120 ?

Enjoy!
got a voucher for mondello from my kids and myself and a friend are booked in to drive a porsche in february , really looking forward to it :thumbup:

I got a Hillman Hunter wound up to a shake over 90 mph once , going down a hill.:scared:

I could see an XR2i doing the 110 but the Bluebird doing 120 ?
5 of us piled into a mark II fiesta years ago and got a mind boggling 96 mph out of it on the approach into (not Shannon) Borris in Ossory. The roars off the engine at that speed wouldn't have been out of place on a plane at take off. 4 speed box and boot loaded with beer and we weren't exactly starving to death either. The engine started puking a lot after that. When I think about what we were able to get away with only a few years ago and no harm done to anyone. The engine in the car was fcuked alright :laugh:.

How did that go for you , @humungus ?
ended up going about 3 weeks ago, good day out , first we got a briefing about the track and tips on driving it and then we were let do a few laps in a mazda 3 to get used to the track ( which isn,t the full race track ) and then its onto the porsche 911 but while i was waiting for one to become available the instructor said we,d go for a spin in a boxter so i got 3 laps in that as a free bonus :thumbup:, then it was into the 911 and it was a blast with the roar of the engine and the acceleration i really enjoyed it but the laps go by quickly , if you,re into cars its a good outing and i love to try a single seater as you get 10 laps in those. its expensive for the length of time you,re there but the voucher broke the back in it for me and a few hints dropped and you,d have something to look forward to after christmas every year

ended up going about 3 weeks ago, good day out , first we got a briefing about the track and tips on driving it and then we were let do a few laps in a mazda 3 to get used to the track ( which isn,t the full race track ) and then its onto the porsche 911 but while i was waiting for one to become available the instructor said we,d go for a spin in a boxter so i got 3 laps in that as a free bonus :thumbup:, then it was into the 911 and it was a blast with the roar of the engine and the acceleration i really enjoyed it but the laps go by quickly , if you,re into cars its a good outing and i love to try a single seater as you get 10 laps in those. its expensive for the length of time you,re there but the voucher broke the back in it for me and a few hints dropped and you,d have something to look forward to after christmas every year

Sounds like a great day out. Great to have an instructor to learn some tricks of the trade.

I was on the track a few years ago, nothing as powerful as a 911 though! BMW do days out sometimes and I was lucky enough to be invited to one. Some high end customers had a run on the course in M cars the day before - if I can sell a kidney I might get to go in one some day.

Back