New Shear Grab

island man

Hello All im looking to buy a new shear Grab 4' to4'6'' any suggestions on any good make that ye would have experience with and recommend the Local Garage sell Quicke and say they are great.

Hello All im looking to buy a new shear Grab 4' to4'6'' any suggestions on any good make that ye would have experience with and recommend the Local Garage sell Quicke and say they are great.
Have a Twose here. Done well for 10 years. Plenty life left in it too.

Make sure the quickee has tine bushings in the box section!
They sold me a muck grab without any! Dealer was adamant they were just welded flush into the box and blended in well!

Have a 5ft nugent I'm well happy with. Brother has a redrock. I would rate both highly. The nugent is easier to close which I put down to the smaller cutting teeth then the redrock has.

Have a Twose here. Done well for 10 years. Plenty life left in it too.

Make sure the quickee has tine bushings in the box section!
They sold me a muck grab without any! Dealer was adamant they were just welded flush into the box and blended in well!
That's interesting about the bushings thanks for the tip

There are so many different manufacturers of shear grabs it's hard to say who makes the best one, are you hoping to leave the blocks down intact, if so a cranked tine is essential, if you are just tipping the blocks off it doesn't matter.

Posted similar here last autumn lookin about shear grab. Ended up buying of the local dealer 2400€ inc vat and brackets for 4,6 rossmore . Was well over 3k for the quickie . So far so good with the rossmore its my first shear grab so cant comment was told when lookong to go with serated blade over a flat one .

There are so many different manufacturers of shear grabs it's hard to say who makes the best one, are you hoping to leave the blocks down intact, if so a cranked tine is essential, if you are just tipping the blocks off it doesn't matter.
Yes I would hope to be taking out full blocks for one house never new that about the tines thanks.

We bought a 6' Keltic With hardox tines. No bushings or keeping them tight, bought it to split silage bales as well as for bit. Absolutely a beast!!

We bought a 6' Keltic With hardox tines. No bushings or keeping them tight, bought it to split silage bales as well as for bit. Absolutely a beast!![/Thanks Im wondering wondering would the Hardox tines be very hard to drive into the silage pit?

They are heavy duty and yes would require a bit more push, we have ours in farm master so no prob there, if u want t move straw bales anyway use a tine grab not a shear grab. U don't crack an egg with a sledge??

Reactions: AYF
Back