Front and rear mower combinations.

We run pottinger mowers ,mounted vack alpha motion front . Cant say we have much bother with them . The jd mower that we sometimes work long side cut tight but the we got ours set up were not far behind . Our back mower is handy , folds behind then up so good for gettong through gate but you can also fold down on the road for a low bridge without a lot of hassle . The newer ones are differant mind you . I did manage to gouge a hole in a bore hole this year with the front mower and only damaged blades . Thankef the farmer for that one [emoji34]View attachment 21760View attachment 21761

How the F do farmers let fellas into a field and not tell fellas about that stuff and have it well marked....

How the F do farmers let fellas into a field and not tell fellas about that stuff and have it well marked....
Apparent there was a post marking it . That would have been the rotten post the farmers son had rolled into the ground .bit like the stone that a worker moved with a quad and it came of and rolled under the fence into the next field and he didnt think it was worth wrestling with because it was just a grazing field . Did anyone else have a right wet spring and not get the cows out uploadfromtaptalk1405285174272.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405285187687.jpg

Apparent there was a post marking it . That would have been the rotten post the farmers son had rolled into the ground .bit like the stone that a worker moved with a quad and it came of and rolled under the fence into the next field and he didnt think it was worth wrestling with because it was just a grazing field . Did anyone else have a right wet spring and not get the cows out View attachment 21762View attachment 21763

Thats a fair stone, we wrote off our topper a few years ago topping for a neighbour and hitting something similar. Put a sheep footbath and gates through the mower a couple of years ago as well.

Thats a fair stone, we wrote off our topper a few years ago topping for a neighbour and hitting something similar. Put a sheep footbath and gates through the mower a couple of years ago as well.

Who pays for the repairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

local boy who doesnt farm any more does a bit of cutting with a 9ft mower . just when things were starting to dry up he went to cut the endrigs of a field for a farmer before going on to cut a bit in front of us . he had a stone go through the mower doing a lot of damage and put it out of action for a few days . no doubt the farmer got the bill but we took 100 acre of him and no doubt he lost out else where as well :thumbdown:

Run front and rear mounted krones. Both new models this year. Very pleased with them and nothing cuts cleaner that ive seen. Have had 2 twisted cross shafts tho. Now trying taps on lift rams dont understand whats happening as same tractor spent year's on kuhns and never a problem

Run front and rear mounted krones. Both new models this year. Very pleased with them and nothing cuts cleaner that ive seen. Have had 2 twisted cross shafts tho. Now trying taps on lift rams dont understand whats happening as same tractor spent year's on kuhns and never a problem[/.

Do you think the krone is harder on the tractor than the Kuhn,
Or is the tractor at fault, How many hours on it when the first one twisted?
Thinking of going for a rear mounted here, I like the class mower, are you happy with the krones this year.

I dont know can only assume it is as tractor done well over 3000 hours on kuhns and has now twisted 2 cross shafts within a 100hours id say. Id say possibly because the krones have a sprung floating mechanism leaves all the pressure on the linkage whereas the kuhns float is set with oil pressure. Im trying taps on the rams as I have heard that its possible that one arm is adjusting up while the down pressure is on the other. Time will tell tho iv heard plenty of stories of t7 series breaking crosses with kuhns and class whereas my tvt just twists them a little tho I cant imagine having a twisted type of cast would last much longer

All in all I wouldn't blame the mowers as theres guna be the same twusting action with any mower just dont understand whats happening now. Krones are great. Kuhns were good. Almost trouble free just wouldnt cut the cleanest in hairy grass. Krones id count hard to beat at the min they have put a lot of effort into the stuff of late an it seems to have paid off. Front and back are very easy setup and I can run them in the 1000eco mode on the tvt no bother. Cant fault the new models if your thinking of one

All in all I wouldn't blame the mowers as theres guna be the same twusting action with any mower just dont understand whats happening now. Krones are great. Kuhns were good. Almost trouble free just wouldnt cut the cleanest in hairy grass. Krones id count hard to beat at the min they have put a lot of effort into the stuff of late an it seems to have paid off. Front and back are very easy setup and I can run them in the 1000eco mode on the tvt no bother. Cant fault the new models if your thinking of one

would a top link running from the left hand link arm end upto the top rh link arm on the cross shaft stop this happening i wonder? getting it to clear the pto would be the tricky part i spose

did you change the cross shaft yourself ? cross shafts on nh have been knowen to fcuk up but its usually the splines on the end of them that wear out . is it possable the dealer has stuck a new cross shaft on but not changed the lift arms part as well . when it went on out 7050 both bits were knackered

What keeps the arms in sink then there must still be a cross shaft to keep them lifting together and if theres a cross shart thell surly have splines on them ?

Its a solid cast unit youd need to see it but iv been in there twice and theres definitely no splines. If anything its cheaper and easier changed than a regular set up

Put them to the other hole on the top link. I have the top link in the top hole and the check chains in the one underneath, although mines a pull type I expect its similar on that one!

When I had the fastcrap it only had one hole so we used a longer pin with linchpins in both ends.

I don't know on that type tbh, @fraserb has that front mower.

I flick the suspension onto manual so it don't compensate on the headlands, just saves it lifting and dropping each time, as long as you don't go over 14km that is.
It will be on the tm anyway so no suspension.
I'm wondering what happens the mower if the tractor drops into a hole :woot:

Back