Older diggers for farm use

Aaaq​

While your here. Any three foot digging buckets to be got anywhere with reasonable teeth?

Mr Egan In Carlow, The lad In Wexford as mentioned Or The guy In Longford (I Think) On Donedeal.

Are The buckets different To other MF diggers?

Mr Egan In Carlow, The lad In Wexford as mentioned Or The guy In Longford (I Think) On Donedeal.

There was definitely a change between the early 50h with the slew pot and the hx with rams, the newer ones the plates are a bit closer together I think, not sure if there was another change before that?

The later ones had a bigger bucket anyway, more 3cx size. I dont think a 50b or 50 would manage a 3cx 3ft bucket

A 1987 HX has the older 50B style arm with 10 1/ 2 inches between the lugs.
After that the later HXs, have the lugs 7 inches apart , as in the width of the dipper arm , like a JCB 3C.

There was definitely a change between the early 50h with the slew pot and the hx with rams, the newer ones the plates are a bit closer together I think, not sure if there was another change before that?

The later ones had a bigger bucket anyway, more 3cx size. I dont think a 50b or 50 would manage a 3cx 3ft bucket

MF buckets in general were smaller than JCB diggers. JCB 3Cs were 1 ton heavier than an MF 50Bs

Currently have 7000 hrs (digital clock) on my 860 digger. Needed nothing but servicing so far. Has been well minded. What are the engines and gearboxes good for in these?

I hope to purchase one of them dome day. Would it be good on a pit wit the back actor removed

We will try it next summer but the back actor will be staying on. We haven’t had it long but it’s a good yoke to push.

Local dealer sold one a few years ago and putting up silage was its main job in the summer. He has a picture of it on the pit.

@nashmach ...I got no notification of that tag, Just happened to spot your post?!
Yep much the same machine, we’ve similar hours on it too and haven’t touched it apart from servicing the odd hose and maybe greasing it! Hard to beat them for the low running costs considering all the hardship it gets.
There’s a man with one on hire with 2 of them, last time I spoke to his son one was on 16000hrs and he said it was nothing to them. They cracked a transmission housing and Crowley’s over nighted a casing and had it rebuilt and back to work in a day or two! Never been left stuck for a part at the weekend either, I’d nearly say they could build a digger off what’s on the shelves down there!

I hope we will have the same kind of service from this
View attachment 61311

May it serve you well for many a year :Thumbp2:

I've often meant to ask about the reliability of those diggers with the four equal sized wheels, do they give any bother with the rear axle steering setup? Of the 3 main makes, New Holland, JCB and Terex which would be the better?

Thank you sir.

We wouldn’t have any experience with the other makes but this is also the first 4 wheel steer we have had. We have been dealing with the lads in Crowley’s for years and according to them if the axles are greased regularly they should give as good a service an 860.

The turning circle is a bit better than the 860 though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/kubota-mini-digger-3-5-ton/20623748

ZjY4MmNhOTdkYWEyZGY3Yjk1NDUxOGFkYWYzN2ZmNWacsUyO0_ykMl7F30NUfg4OaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTQ5OTU3OTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Impressive restoration tgere

@nashmach ...I got no notification of that tag, Just happened to spot your post?!
Yep much the same machine, we’ve similar hours on it too and haven’t touched it apart from servicing the odd hose and maybe greasing it! Hard to beat them for the low running costs considering all the hardship it gets.
There’s a man with one on hire with 2 of them, last time I spoke to his son one was on 16000hrs and he said it was nothing to them. They cracked a transmission housing and Crowley’s over nighted a casing and had it rebuilt and back to work in a day or two! Never been left stuck for a part at the weekend either, I’d nearly say they could build a digger off what’s on the shelves down there!

Hmm, I got a notification then when you mentioned me! I had this problem last week too, There's a few gremlins around still :scratchhead:

View attachment 61331
Can’t beat the old stuff

Very tidy looking digger, torque or manual?

Yeah, there are no panels missing or bent and the tinwork is good for something on original paint. It could do with a blast of the hose though. It’s torque.

Back