Factory Prices General thread

And God help you if they are bulls.:tdown:

Was half hoping the holidays might stabilise things and lead to a slight lift given most plants have not killed for nearly two weeks now but doesn't seem that way.
are there plants that take christmas off? local plant always only take the bare minimum off.

Can anyone explain why factories don't want cattle?
What happened the last few months to bring on this situation?

Simple supply and demand.

As said above, large supply due to increased stock numbers in the country plus lower exports in the last few years

Lower demand in our main exporting areas. Why? Maybe exchange rates and changes in people's eating habits.

The big kill in nov and dec. will carry on into janurary and feburary .at that stage brexit will become the big time bomb .God only knows if there will be light at the end of the tunnel

The big kill in nov and dec. will carry on into janurary and feburary .at that stage brexit will become the big time bomb .God only knows if there will be light at the end of the tunnel
Will the British be eating less beef burgers after brexit?
What will happen if the UK leave with a deal in place?
A lot of lads on this forum have stated that they are pushing to have the bulk of their cattle finished before brexit, as are a lot of farmers across the country. Could we see a shorter supply of cattle after brexit and ultimately an price lift?

Will the British be eating less beef burgers after brexit?
What will happen if the UK leave with a deal in place?
A lot of lads on this forum have stated that they are pushing to have the bulk of their cattle finished before brexit, as are a lot of farmers across the country. Could we see a shorter supply of cattle after brexit and ultimately an price lift?
I think, if there isn't a no deal crash out then beef prices will rise significantly in the late spring early Summer.

I have a seven year old CH stock bull ready for the factory . I was quoted €2:50 Kg from a local agent, would that be about the go of them?

Supply seems to be freeing up a bit and not having issues getting cattle killed thankfully.

Well it seems to be worse around here anyway, another half load/load to go and explicitly told we might be waiting longer than last time :no:

I have a seven year old CH stock bull ready for the factory . I was quoted €2:50 Kg from a local agent, would that be about the go of them?

Cow price or close to it. I'd be shopping around a bit first.

Anyone see the front page headline for tomorrow's paper. (no deal brexit beef price 2.50 kg) :scared::scared:

Back