Seen for sale...

There was a 1500 used draw beet to mallow from Cahir direction, it was a pain in the hole to every truck, it would piss downhills at over 70 km/h a foot over the white line then drop to 30 km/h at the smell of an uphill, still a foot over the white line.

That's in the breeding of Mercs, I have driven 4 Merc trucks over the past 20 years, 1 being a 530, and once they smell a hill they die.

There was a 1500 used draw beet to mallow from Cahir direction, it was a pain in the hole to every truck, it would piss downhills at over 70 km/h a foot over the white line then drop to 30 km/h at the smell of an uphill, still a foot over the white line.
Reckon you’re talking about the man I did my placement on, the beet had just gone the year I was there or that would have been my main task.

YTdkM2E4N2EyZmJkOWFkNTkxZTI5NmY0MjM1OWY2MmbJYQkYUoAayYl9dzAkLWaAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTUyNzAzMDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That's in the breeding of Mercs, I have driven 4 Merc trucks over the past 20 years, 1 being a 530, and once they smell a hill they die.
We had a Mercedes lorry for years drawing beet and it was just like that,useless on the hills. My father who used to drive it a bit, used to say it would see a hill two miles away.

very nice and going by the mudguard extensions probably originally from the continent, 2225 views in 22 hours just shows how popular they are

New tyres as Well which definitely add a good few k To It's value.

Weighted wheels Would Be rare enough too, I Don't know why anyone Would want To sell them :whistle:

Brings back memories of forking out calf sheds by hand and into one of these back in my youth. I remember running it in 1000rpm to get it to empty quicker when the father wasn't looking.
https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/j-f-dung-spreader-/20713262
the krone optimat was a much better spreader 2 beaters at the back, used to sprong dung into one as well until a neighbour gave us a loan of an ursus 355 with a back end loader sure it
was like winning the lottery

The idea of an MB Trac was bugging me. So dug out a brochure.....

For models up and including the 1600, it shows a max speed of 40kph. Perhaps this was increased in later models?

Most of them around me ended up being crashed, no surprise if lads were going to 50kph and beyond...

View attachment 61620 View attachment 61621

did a bit of research on them a while back and if my memory serves me correctly they were restricted from factory, with top gear shut off. it was only a simple enough mechanical stopper blocking the selector which was removed on most if not all of them.
Smaller models were 40kph max. but larger ones were supposed to be hitting up to 65kph with top gear. I've no practical experience of them though.

the krone optimat was a much better spreader 2 beaters at the back, used to sprong dung into one as well until a neighbour gave us a loan of an ursus 355 with a back end loader sure it
was like winning the lottery

We had a single beater jf but they were available in a "bigger" two beater model.

Used to work grand unless a small stone got under the floor chains and broke them.

That, I dont know. Local Zetor dealer said they gave up on Zetor because they got busier on the Komatsu front
They need to do something about their spares prices, last few bits I got were exactly half mc hales price when I got them delivered from UK merlo dealer, I wonder what Brexit will do to this, a lot of the time massey stuff works out cheaper ex uk for me too

Back