Older diggers for farm use

To the lads in the know. I have to replace the 2 batteries in the Hitachi EX 60, think it's Mark 2. What batteries should I get. Machine only used once in a while and all computers not connected. Fuel and temperature gauge and engine stop only on electric. Thanks

To the lads in the know. I have to replace the 2 batteries in the Hitachi EX 60, think it's Mark 2. What batteries should I get. Machine only used once in a while and all computers not connected. Fuel and temperature gauge and engine stop only on electric. Thanks
I have an older Hitachi that gets occasional use, I put Bosch batteries in it, the ones with the blue casing, they are in it 5 years at least and it fires up first touch in any weather.

Would anyone have a workshop manual for a Hitachi ex120 - 1 ? or more specifically for the slew motor /and ring gear assembly.

Thanks "Arthur". By any chance would you know what numbers are on the batteries. I think it's to do with the power or strength of them. Thanks

Would anyone have a workshop manual for a Hitachi ex120 - 1 ? or more specifically for the slew motor /and ring gear assembly.

I rang our nearest hitachi dealer and they emailed me parts diagrams for the track motor,I did buy the parts I needed afterwards off them.

While I was on the subject of batteries etc, i started thinking of a pack to aid starting. What middle of the road type would ye recommend. Would be used on digger or tractor or even the jeep. Also as well as assisting starting, are they good for recharging a battery.

What trouble have you in there, sometimes it might be a external faulth causing a problem with slew motor
its leaking out the gear oil.
I think i have it figured out, a seal at the bottom. just a schematic of some sort would be handy before I go pulling it apart.

If that seal is gone you may need to replace the big bearing on the bottom also.it's not cheap but advisable

I'll pull it out and see how it looks. It's a back up machine mostly so no panic with it.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a second hand cab around for -1 hitachi?

I'll pull it out and see how it looks. It's a back up machine mostly so no panic with it.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a second hand cab around for -1 hitachi?

There's a fella on done deal making them in donegal, but they're pricy. 2200 for bare metal no glass no paint just a cab frame and a door

There's a fella on done deal making them in donegal, but they're pricy. 2200 for bare metal no glass no paint just a cab frame and a door

Can get a complete new cab in Holland for 3500 plus carriage.
Not worth that to me tho.
The one I have is starting to go too far to repair.
About 1500 is enough to spend imo.

Not a digger but I thought this was good value at 8k if it does not have any other hidden problems.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/jcb-loader/20987766

YmY5NDMzZGUzY2JmNmNiMTcwNTE4MWFjNjczZWQ2Yzifpuc2xHVTLrqPG9aeYDGBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc4OTY3MjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

sadly the hymacs were worth more in scrap iron than their resale value, despite being in working order.

Back