Kieran 97's photos

you seemingly can't upload videos here, so i put them on youtube unlisted and here are links if anyone is interested

There were only 2 NCs at the start when I was there so the hookloader was used on the long draw.... that and the m420 were a painful combination :tdown:

There were only 2 NCs at the start when I was there so the hookloader was used on the long draw.... that and the m420 were a painful combination :tdown:
Its a heavy bastard of a thing that hook loader. There was an inspection on the day that video was taken. I brought 3 loads of pallets away that day. The deutz was dead as a dodo, i used that on the hook loader too

Haven't put anything on here in a while. My phone fucked up when I was in England so i lost a lot of the pictures and videos i had taken. Here's a few i found on the laptop

Here is the 6155r I used to mow with.

View attachment 50087

Had good spec, autopower, etc
View attachment 50088

have a few videos as well but it wont let me upload mp4's. Ill see what i can do and maybe stick them up. Couple of workshop related projects on when I finish exams this week so will try document some of it.
Is the rear window protector for stones while mowing or more for baling straw in stubbles?

Is the rear window protector for stones while mowing or more for baling straw in stubbles?

Its for stones when mowing. There was one on the right hand door too but it kept flapping about in the wind so they let me take it off. The only time that did any baling was when the battery went flat in the 130r at second cut and was called in to drive the claas quadrant baling grass. A contractor was brought in to bale "Hesston" straw bales

Its for stones when mowing. There was one on the right hand door too but it kept flapping about in the wind so they let me take it off. The only time that did any baling was when the battery went flat in the 130r at second cut and was called in to drive the claas quadrant baling grass. A contractor was brought in to bale "Hesston" straw bales
TBH I have never had a back window taken out by a stone while mowing and that would be over 10's of thousands of acres, is it the nature of the soils there or are people just careless about stones?

TBH I have never had a back window taken out by a stone while mowing and that would be over 10's of thousands of acres, is it the nature of the soils there or are people just careless about stones?

See none of the grass we cut was in permanent pasture. It was all in tillage ground where it was put in for crop rotation by the farmers, and we paid for the grass. They set it and fertilised it. Naturally, there were some stones brought up, so it was a precaustionary thing. They had a fendt 722 for mowing before the 6155r and a stone off the front mower took out the windscreen in that.

I remember back in the day, mowing with a Ford 7600 Ap cab I think it's called, and a PZ 210 drum mower that swung right around for the road.
In a reseeded field a stone came in the back window and out through the top glass in the right hand door .

Would a lot of that grass be sown on tillage farms to help curb blackgrass?
Im not really sure to tell the truth. I used to have to clean the grass seed off the mower when cutting alfalfa/lucerne or Timothy but we didn't cut a lot of that

I remember back in the day, mowing with a Ford 7600 Ap cab I think it's called, and a PZ 210 drum mower that swung right around for the road.
In a reseeded field a stone came in the back window and out through the top glass in the right hand door .

I'd say you got some hop

See none of the grass we cut was in permanent pasture. It was all in tillage ground where it was put in for crop rotation by the farmers, and we paid for the grass. They set it and fertilised it. Naturally, there were some stones brought up, so it was a precaustionary thing. They had a fendt 722 for mowing before the 6155r and a stone off the front mower took out the windscreen in that.

DMhZD4W.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg Well lads. Hadn't anything much to post up here in a long time. Anyways, turf cutting time is coming bear so I decided to make some changes To Help things flow more smoothly. To start off, I was using a 3 foot digging bucket to load the hopper, which was awfully slow and the wrong shape. so I decided to make a bucket myself. got one of the lads in Conor to roll the back section on the tank rolls, and drew up the end plates, hangers and inner gusset on the laptop and cut them using the CNC plasma. Got bushings made elsewhere. Have to weld on the cutting edge when I go home this weekend, and I'll get it sprayed.

Getting the hang of the mig welding slowly but surely too

Attachments

• IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 146
I had the welder out again over the christmas. There was some old barns that the storm ophelia brought the roof off and the plan was knock the front wall out, build up the front of the shed, pour a new floor and re-roof it. While knocking the front wall, the whole thing started to cave in, so we had to go back to the drawing board. We decided to knock it and start from the ground up with a new machinery shed in its place. Its three bays and i think its about 15ft from front to back. For security and shelter, i made up some doors for the front. We decided two sliding doors would be awkward, so i put a sliding door on the middle bay, and swinging doors on the left hand bay. The doors all close from the inside, hence the small little door in the swinging door for access.

I have to get a bit made up for the iron on the sliding door to stop the water running in behind it, and i was in the process of making the door for the back of the shed when i had to go back to college early to finish a group project. Hope to get back to it next weekend.

I made the door frames from 40x40x3 box section, and used 3 x 1.5m sheets of 1mm flat galvanised steel sheeting. Bought in the rail and runners too. Took about a week to fabricate and hang. Cutting the sheeting with a 9" grinder took patience; several times i said i wish i had a guillotine. Im happy with how it turned out though. I will get some fluorescent lights put inside the shed, there are a few sheets of clearlite on it. I'll use it to store stuff like the mower, the baler etc

49938635_1178543655647131_4316869503200788480_n.jpg 49897262_334111747192035_6946176004238868480_n.jpg 49813279_367937417357474_8864932534689988608_n.jpg 49727974_350678042329757_2612021327845916672_n.jpg

I had the welder out again over the christmas. There was some old barns that the storm ophelia brought the roof off and the plan was knock the front wall out, build up the front of the shed, pour a new floor and re-roof it. While knocking the front wall, the whole thing started to cave in, so we had to go back to the drawing board. We decided to knock it and start from the ground up with a new machinery shed in its place. Its three bays and i think its about 15ft from front to back. For security and shelter, i made up some doors for the front. We decided two sliding doors would be awkward, so i put a sliding door on the middle bay, and swinging doors on the left hand bay. The doors all close from the inside, hence the small little door in the swinging door for access.

I have to get a bit made up for the iron on the sliding door to stop the water running in behind it, and i was in the process of making the door for the back of the shed when i had to go back to college early to finish a group project. Hope to get back to it next weekend.

I made the door frames from 40x40x3 box section, and used 3 x 1.5m sheets of 1mm flat galvanised steel sheeting. Bought in the rail and runners too. Took about a week to fabricate and hang. Cutting the sheeting with a 9" grinder took patience; several times i said i wish i had a guillotine. Im happy with how it turned out though. I will get some fluorescent lights put inside the shed, there are a few sheets of clearlite on it. I'll use it to store stuff like the mower, the baler etc

View attachment 62175 View attachment 62176 View attachment 62177 View attachment 62178

Nice work - it looks very well. :Thumbp2:

Just be careful of those big swinging doors in strong wind. Try and put a cover over the rail for the sliding door if you can, the weather can be very hard on the rollers and brackets holding the rail in my experience.

Nice work - it looks very well. :Thumbp2:

Just be careful of those big swinging doors in strong wind. Try and put a cover over the rail for the sliding door if you can, the weather can be very hard on the rollers and brackets holding the rail in my experience.

I'll try avoid using them doors too much tbh. Yeah, I'll get like an apron made up for the front of the shed to keep the rain off it. Although the rail and the runners are galvanised so they shouldn't be too bad

View attachment 62175 View attachment 62176 View attachment 62177 View attachment 62178
I did similar many moons ago, made the frame and hung it before sheeting it but spaced the frame to avoid cutting sheets, on the lights forget flourescents and put in LED's, a far better light.

I'll try avoid using them doors too much tbh. Yeah, I'll get like an apron made up for the front of the shed to keep the rain off it. Although the rail and the runners are galvanised so they shouldn't be too bad
It's more important to shelter the rail with flashing to protect the inner track and rollers. Damp and rain will get in and the rollers will seize up and drag. I soaked the roller bearings in liquid grease before fitting and they've been perfect.

I did similar many moons ago, made the frame and hung it before sheeting it but spaced the frame to avoid cutting sheets, on the lights forget flourescents and put in LED's, a far better light.
I made the two pillars of the door first, got them level and welded the hinges to the girders. That's way I knew the doors would be level and swinging right. Then I took them down and made the rest of the door frame and sheeted them, hung them up then with the digger.

Only cutting i had was the strip on the right hand swinging door, and a strip for the sliding door. Full sheets other than that but I had to cut 100mm off them. Also, cutting out the access door was a bit of a challenge but I just took a few mm off at a time

The only thing I find with leds is they give off an awful lot more shadows. It depends what there being used for though

Back