Fertilizer Price Tracker

Lads do ye know what's the difference between KAN 46%N and GEN 46%N?
There's 20e a tonne of a difference between the two brands with kan being the dearer fertiliser

Lads do ye know what's the difference between KAN 46%N and GEN 46%N?
There's 20e a tonne of a difference between the two brands with kan being the dearer fertiliser
Both are treated urea but I think Teagasc did a trial and their results showed the KAN product was by the best, the GEN performed poor enough I think, ie far higher losses of ammonia

I have for the last 3 years and got on very well with it. K&N for 2 of the years and Target's version last year, I get on very well with it and will try to use it again.
Got on very well on grassland .not as good on the winter barley. Don't know why

Haven’t gone down the protected urea route yet as last time I looked at price in cereals, the saving was very modest.
Less tonnes to be spread vs CAN though which is an advantage.
At least with CAN, you know what you get in terms of response. The protected stuff would want to be much cheaper before I go that way.
Only two types of fert here for the year ahead. CAN+S and a high K compound also with sulphur.

Haven’t gone down the protected urea route yet as last time I looked at price in cereals, the saving was very modest.
Less tonnes to be spread vs CAN though which is an advantage.
At least with CAN, you know what you get in terms of response. The protected stuff would want to be much cheaper before I go that way.
Only two types of fert here for the year ahead. CAN+S and a high K compound also with sulphur.
Less tonnage to be spread ok but I found being bulky my spreader actually only held the same unit's as can so no further on really.

Kerry prices cash up front
18's €385
urea €380
can €280
pasture€380
10-10-20€420
Local merchant in galway talked similar prices today when I went to forward pay for half of what we will use today. He is in the process of setting up storage for handling bulk fertilizer which he says will allow him to do some better prices for fertilizer collected from his yard. It will mean that we will have to invest in a new spreader if we are going to go down that route and that might just not be financially viable for me this week.

Just quoted
10.10.20 €405
Sul-Can €295
Big bag prices... don't know what thone prices are like

That €295 isn’t a bad price considering where things are now. What were the payment terms?

I see prices fell a bit in the UK during the week.

When I started farming I'd be always pricing around and trying to work out how many tons of this type of fert and that type of fert I'd use in the year.

Nowadays it not unusual for me to arrive in the co op still wondering what I want.

Fertiliser is slow moving these days as there is no real value to be had, it’s just too bloody expensive. I’m holding off until I actually want it
Every one wants it then wont they and the merchant will add on another €10/20 a ton and knows well if you do not buy it ,somebody else will !!!

Back