NH/Fiats

If budget allows il definitely get a power shuttle model seen a few on ag affaires not badly priced but i wouldnt know what to look out for on 1
Wheel weights will help but the wheelbase is so short on these that it won't be fully effective I think. Always have a weight on the back of the one here, she would be very lively without.
Isn't much to look out for on them really, they have an iveco engine which is pretty faultless. Just the usual checks on that. The pickup hitch design is not great and can be very sloppy, drop the hitch and shake from side to side to check for play.

Also the guides either side of the hitch for the release get worn at the bottom and can fall out.
If it's manual shuttle the cough release is very high so don't panic for this but do give it a good try out .

Compare the wear on pedals to the hours advertised. In my experience these tractors hold their shape very well and if anything they could have a few hours more than stated.

We traded one with over 10k hours which no man could guess had more than 5 looking at it

Would wheel weights do much for it in your opinion? We wouldnt do heavey pulling much but ya never know what could be put on it around here

I don't know. A neighbour has front weights for his 5060. He rekons it gives it a bit better traction. Ours is a limber little tractor - if you put weights on it, it becomes cumbersome, in my view. Its harder on tyres, and harder on ground. Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Wheel weights will help but the wheelbase is so short on these that it won't be fully effective I think. Always have a weight on the back of the one here, she would be very lively without.
Isn't much to look out for on them really, they have an iveco engine which is pretty faultless. Just the usual checks on that. The pickup hitch design is not great and can be very sloppy, drop the hitch and shake from side to side to check for play.

Also the guides either side of the hitch for the release get worn at the bottom and can fall out.
If it's manual shuttle the cough release is very high so don't panic for this but do give it a good try out .

Compare the wear on pedals to the hours advertised. In my experience these tractors hold their shape very well and if anything they could have a few hours more than stated.

We traded one with over 10k hours which no man could guess had more than 5 looking at it

Thanks il keep all that in mind. We have a 70-90 thats rusted through for foddering at home and shes a dinger. Their an expensive little tractor iv noticed

Thanks il keep all that in mind. We have a 70-90 thats rusted through for foddering at home and shes a dinger. Their an expensive little tractor iv noticed
Yep, couple of grand dearer than any comparable tractor I'd say. I would say they are worth it though. They really are like the fiat you have without the rust. Apart from he electric shuttle if you go for that obviously. You'd be very unlucky to get a troublesome one I think

Some very good details above, the only think I will add is that most of the L/35 models were sold with the manual shuttle so to get the power shuttle you probably need to be looking at a TL A.

Also you could buy them in red too if you wanted as the Case IH JXU range.

Some very good details above, the only think I will add is that most of the L/35 models were sold with the manual shuttle so to get the power shuttle you probably need to be looking at a TL A.

Also you could buy them in red too if you wanted as the Case IH JXU range.
Yep more or less bang on. Some of the later tl's can be got with electric shuttle, 03 onward ... roughly. Tlas all have it I think

i,ve a tl 90 here and i,d agree with all that the lads have been saying , definitely go for the power shuttle if you,re doing loader work pat timmons in carlow had a couple of tl 100s with power shuttles advertised a while ago but don,t be surprised if you can buy a tsa for the same money as tl,s any where you look

I have a TL90A with a manual shuttle, if I was going again I would get the power shuttle, she wouldn't be great on bray's, even with an empty dump trailer you would need to change down gears and early at that too, other than that I couldn't fault her

Id buy a tsa only we have to get rid of d 7840 its to tall for a shed in winter for feeding and dont want to spend an arm and a leg buying a loader for d 40 then haveing to spend a ball of money changing d roof around. Was there any difference in terracotta tls and blue 1s or is it just d paint?
just the paint although i,d love a terracotta one, they,re great for low sheds and rust isn,t a problem , you won,t have a problem getting rid of the 7840 anyway

just the paint although i,d love a terracotta one, they,re great for low sheds and rust isn,t a problem , you won,t have a problem getting rid of the 7840 anyway

D terracotta looks well on them i think. Id hope to get rid of it easy but finding a lad that wants to pay for it seems to be a problem lots of lads wants it for 6 and 8 grand

D terracotta looks well on them i think. Id hope to get rid of it easy but finding a lad that wants to pay for it seems to be a problem lots of lads wants it for 6 and 8 grand
it seems to be the case that up to 8k lads have cash but after that its a loan they,re looking for and banks aren,t interested in loaning small amounts, a dealer would surely give you that for her as a trade

it seems to be the case that up to 8k lads have cash but after that its a loan they,re looking for and banks aren,t interested in loaning small amounts, a dealer would surely give you that for her as a trade

Id say thats all id get for it as a trade but id rather get a bit more. D right lad will give what their worth

Plenty on done deal for bigger money than that?

Yea SLE box shes got d turbo 7.5 engine in her im told. some1 popped it into it long before me and d previous owner
She must have good go in her!
SLE have no export demand, but you would imagine a good one would be worth more than €8k, a breaker would nearly have to pay that to get something worth breaking

She must have good go in her!
SLE have no export demand, but you would imagine a good one would be worth more than €8k, a breaker would nearly have to pay that to get something worth breaking

A lad rang last year saying shes not worth 8k as he sold in his own words a minter rc 8360 for 8500. Il see if i find any1 local looking for a tractor before i advertise

Any kind of a tl will cost 20 plus and probably the loader on top of that so the 7840 won't put a huge hole in it.

The tl would be an awful lot bouncier than you are used to and wouldn't be as much of a draft tractor as you're user to. Just to be aware of that before you change

Any kind of a tl will cost 20 plus and probably the loader on top of that so the 7840 won't put a huge hole in it.

The tl would be an awful lot bouncier than you are used to and wouldn't be as much of a draft tractor as you're user to. Just to be aware of that before you change
They are a very short tractor alright, a step below the likes of a TS110, 4355 etc
@declanc304 , seen as you are not getting offered much for your 7840, would keeping it, and getting something like a 30e or 2cx be worth thinking about for around the yard?

A TL series or 5050 NH will be the more powerful newer version of your Fiat 7090.
Great tractor compared to the Fiat , but a long ways back from the 40 series NH.

They are a very short tractor alright, a step below the likes of a TS110, 4355 etc
@declanc304 , seen as you are not getting offered much for your 7840, would keeping it, and getting something like a 30e or 2cx be worth thinking about for around the yard?

If the 7840 is half as good as you say it is , you would be mad to let it off , at 12 or 13 grand.
Fix your shed so you can fit any modern tractor into it , with the money needed to change the tractor.
Job done. Tractors haven't, nor won't get smaller.

A TL series or 5050 NH will be the more powerful newer version of your Fiat 7090.
Great tractor compared to the Fiat , but a long ways back from the 40 series NH.

If the 7840 is half as good as you say it is , you would be mad to let it off , at 12 or 13 grand.
Fix your shed so you can fit any modern tractor into it , with the money needed to change the tractor.
Job done. Tractors haven't, nor won't get smaller.
That would work too! Although he will still need a loader for the 7840

Back