Seen for sale...

Tbf i'd say i would prefer a tm155 with range command than a 165 with power command. Just a better transmission
Range command is a far better not to mention nicer transmission to operate. I can see the idea behind the power command in no need to change ranges but if a driver isn't able to press in a little button to change range he/she isn't much of a driver. Power command trans are rough between some of the gears as well. At least any of the ones I've driven have been less then stellar imo.

Range command is a far better not to mention nicer transmission to operate. I can see the idea behind the power command in no need to change ranges but if a driver isn't able to press in a little button to change range he/she isn't much of a driver. Power command trans are rough between some of the gears as well. At least any of the ones I've driven have been less then stellar imo.
I've noticed with PC is that when it warms or has a load behind it, it runs a bit smoother but even then not as smooth as RC.

I've noticed with PC is that when it warms or has a load behind it, it runs a bit smoother but even then not as smooth as RC.
I think it's gearing down there worse then accelerating. You'd have to wonder at the engineers who designed it that they couldn't get it smoother?.

If that tractor was as good as it makes out to be , you’d struggle to buy it off that man for that money, that yoke has been around the clock twice I’d say ,
Its a import I’d say , I’d rather see one with genuine high hours and tidy
Tbf NH been like that since they got digital dash boards never showing a 10,000 symbol or number saying "this is the 2nd run of the clock".

Looking at the picture of the back of it the hitch is up nice and snug and not hanging down like one of those tractors would with high hours. Of course it could have been done up to but the lift arms look in very good condition as well. Then again where the passanger seat is/was looks shook enough so I don't know :unsure:.
That was a big tractor in 2000, highly likely it was bought by a contractor, who surely put the bones of 1000hrs a year on it.
I would imagine she had 5500 hrs up by the mid noughties

I would agree with you 100% that the RC is a better transmission than the PC,but the automatic mode on the power command is a real advantage on the road it changes up and down like a dream.Its great when pulling out heavy load on a bad road.You can concentrate on driving and it looks after the gear changes.

I have driven them r.c. and it also has automatic mode in each range .Is the only driving difference between r,c, and p.c. is that you have to clutch between ab&c ranges in the r.c.

I have driven them r.c. and it also has automatic mode in each range .Is the only driving difference between r,c, and p.c. is that you have to clutch between ab&c ranges in the r.c.
Little button on the front of the gear handle thingy for changing the ranges or the clutch pedal either.

Fair City? Imagine the big names that would have threaded on those steps, I have stars in my eyes.

Paul Brennan, the late great Harry Molloy, Leo etc etc :eek3:

You Are letting your guard down now admitting You know who Is In Fair City.....

I'd say You Will up At The auction yet winking :Thumbp2:

The range command automatic only changes up the power command changes up and down when in automatic mode.

Has a saurmann hitch fitted too so she must have been an import.
I'd say she has a good bit of work done.
The op mentioned he bought he's one for handy money.
Might be no bad idea to put a couple of thousand into it and he'd have a flaming tractor

Has a saurmann hitch fitted too so she must have been an import.
I'd say she has a good bit of work done.
The op mentioned he bought he's one for handy money.
Might be no bad idea to put a couple of thousand into it and he'd have a flaming tractor

Front links and replacement hitch so possibly French or Dutch. Hopefully French considering the stories of clocking in Holland....

Front links and replacement hitch so possibly French or Dutch. Hopefully French considering the stories of clocking in Holland....

The state of cab cladding around the passenger seat not inspiring. I have seen ones with 20,000 hrs will only some cracking and not as bad as that. .

Back