Todays Photo

They buy there trucks from A&M commercials who organise the conversion from a regular S to a T. Scania stopped making the T's in '05. This is their site
https://www.vlastuin-truckopbouw.nl/en/
But it must run into big money cus a new S is dear enough without sending it to Holland to get it converted.

Just my opinion but I prefer the S version, something a bit fake about converting them.
That said, since the age of 5 I still get heart palpitations at the sight of a well chromed up Peterbilt.

There is definitely something eye catching about them. I remember many years ago Drinagh Co-op had a fleet of bull nosed Mercedes artics drawing feed and fertilizer out of Cork and being very impressed by the sight of them.

aside from looking cool, is there any other point?
There must be some advantages to a long bonnet truck if you go by the Australians every truck is a long bonnet even six wheel tippers. But can't imagine it be easy to get into many farm yards with a meal blower or a milk tanker with a long bonnet in this country.

Just my opinion but I prefer the S version, something a bit fake about converting them.
That said, since the age of 5 I still get heart palpitations at the sight of a well chromed up Peterbilt.
The S's do look very well, but a big price rise on the old R's. I'm still a 5 year old love the sight of well minded truck.

There must be some advantages to a long bonnet truck if you go by the Australians every truck is a long bonnet even six wheel tippers. But can't imagine it be easy to get into many farm yards with a meal blower or a milk tanker with a long bonnet in this country.
Easier access to the engine, maybe the are cooler in the cab for hotter climates as you are not sitting above the engine, i'd imagine they are a bit more comfortable as you are not sitting directly over the front axle, This one used be on the road when we were hauling beet to Mallow, wonder do they still have it.upload_2019-1-12_12-23-0.jpeg

I prefer the older ones like Collins' one Arthur posted rather than Mar-Trans newer one, just looks a nice shape. Each to their own I suppose. I don't know if I'd like to be driving a bull nose though, some places are hard enough get to with a conventional truck.

Is the chassis lengthened in that as well or did they just move the cab back
That I don't know, but if the longer wheelbase helps in stability when hauling heavy loads it must be a longer chassis, otherwise they just got it converted to look cool, and who wud do that???? They going loading blades on Monday mite try and get some photos if I've time.

I unloaded at the abattoir at the side of a 750 in the spring,we left at the same time and I'm not kidding I gunned the feck out of my truck all the way down the motorway and he just kept on catching me,fair impressive in that he'd be 21t or so unladen.

Back