What are you up to in the workshop?

That's a proper job now, does the door reach the ground now that it's on an axle? Did you fit a longer pto shaft to the slip clutch or was it a complete shaft you had? I've found that any bit of an angle off straight and it'll rattle. €500 for half of a wide angle shaft though...
The door is about 6 inches off the ground now. The shaft and slip clutch are off a kuhn mower. I have adjusted the springs and made sure the clutch is free if anyone is wondering. I didn't actually try turning with it going to see if it rattles but I have a wide angle off one of the square bales with the same profile and pto cover as the kuhn shaft so it would be a simple swap if I run into bother with the straight shaft.
@Arthur I have a new O-guard ordered for it. The original slip clutch was a nice bit smaller then the one on it now and the machines own 0-guard is to small. It's a nasty looking piece of metal spinning. How lads can work away with no covers at all is a mystery.

Fine job DP. Are you going to chop silage bales with it or just straw? Just thinking the tyres look a little weedy, maybe some worn van tyres might be available to suit, give a bit more carrying capacity

Fine job DP. Are you going to chop silage bales with it or just straw? Just thinking the tyres look a little weedy, maybe some worn van tyres might be available to suit, give a bit more carrying capacity
The tyres on my Lucas Raptor straw blower are 185/R14 but they are van spec tyres. I actually removed the knives from the rotor but added three serrated rotor rings as there were only two fitted originally. Removing the knives left the straw more complete and this helped bedding to last longer as it had more body to it and was more resistant to being walked into the dung as compared to finely chopped straw.

The tyres on my Lucas Raptor straw blower are 185/R14 but they are van spec tyres. I actually removed the knives from the rotor but added three serrated rotor rings as there were only two fitted originally. Removing the knives left the straw more complete and this helped bedding to last longer as it had more body to it and was more resistant to being walked into the dung as compared to finely chopped straw.

I always call mine a straw blower,as you say you want a mat effect,best place for fine chop straw is on cubicles or in the feeder wagon.

Just straw but I wouldn't say never to chopping bales of silage with it. The wheels are small but it's working in narrow enough passages and a bit of extra space for course corrections while backing up might be a good thing.

Your wire brush has seen some action!!!!

Is there any chance bits of bearing can drop into the planetry if it were to go horribly wrong??

Yes caught it in time,had a slight hum so investigated it.

Had the seal fail on my single auger machine and it was too late the bearing disintegrated and fecked a cog,replacement 2nd hand gearbox was £1300.

That’s a fair clean tractor. Orange lights in the cab roof . Fitted by yourself I guess . Usually only in the American ones .
Thought I,d be smart and all I needed to do was cut the shape out to fit the lights nope new panel altogether :angry: started of on the first 5470 then the 6470 and with the 6613 being different this one fell heir to them .

Thought I,d be smart and all I needed to do was cut the shape out to fit the lights nope new panel altogether :angry: started of on the first 5470 then the 6470 and with the 6613 being different this one fell heir to them .
Was it that after cutting out the hole you’d have no mounting points was the difference?.

Was it that after cutting out the hole you’d have no mounting points was the difference?.
Luckily enough no ,so their is always a whole one to put back on ,the one to suit the lights is completely different inside, having said that I cant see a change on the horizon any time soon. I fully intended to change the 6613 [my yoke ] at 4yo the cost to change has ruled that cunning plan out.:scared:

Had you much to do with it SMID to get it to that condition?

For the hours it's a lovely looking tractor :Thumbp2:

Got next doors TR250 here at the moment for a few jobs, main one being changing the spool block, it is one with a early electric type not the danfoss. Hasn't been any trouble up to 6 months ago but then started getting intermittent and basically annoying, solenoids seemed hard got hold of and with potentially eight to give trouble we decided to change it, it was the most hateful thing to use when it was working anyway, pretty much on or off!! Decided against a cable set up as they would be long with a tight turn when they came in the cab, either would of had to have been four individual levers or a joystick and two separate ones for tele and 3rd service. Rigged up a servo type valve using a joystick off a Daewoo excavator, although more expensive at least the controls will be the same to use as before. The joystick fitted in the armrest quite nicely!!
View attachment 61065 View attachment 61066
Used a couple of solenoids valves to operate the boom and 3rd service, they just direct the low pressure oil direct to the spool block, they are on/off type but was this way before anyway.
View attachment 61067
View attachment 61068
He wanted a couple of secondhand tyres for it which couldn't seem to find anywhere, so next thing was he said was get four new ones. Tyre supplier was not keen to fit them at all, said it was just about impossible because of the single well type wheels. They had failed in the past and had to take the wheels to be done on a machine, seemed to forget to mention this when I enquired about tyres!!
Well they're not impossible but are they ever tough!!!! Getting the bead back out on the rim is as much bother as anything.
View attachment 61070

Very tidy job. Would you think similar is doable to convert a multi-lever jcb to a joystick @Win ?

Very tidy job. Would you think similar is doable to convert a multi-lever jcb to a joystick @Win ?
Yes its doable, quite pricey by the time its all done that's the only thing but very smooth to use. What have you now a joystick and two individual levers?

Back