What are you up to in the workshop?

Anyone and experience with chop saws for steel.
Friend of mine thinking of buying one of these,

https://wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3136

I have one of those evolution saws for last few months, replaced an abrasive chop saw, big improvement, very speedy cuts without too much sparks. As with any chop saw they are limited a bit with size of material you can cut but great for most work.
I bought mine from Everyday welding supplies in limerick, they have it for €309 at the moment.
https://www.everydayweldingsupplies...tor-14-inch-355mm-cut-off-saw-with-blue-metal

I picked up an old Karcher HDS and it mostly works fine but... only reaches about 50 bar when the nozzle is pulled. When released it immediately jumps to 150 and cuts out as normal and when I pull trigger again there is a powerful blast for a split second until pressure drops again. Adjusting unloader has no effect. Took unloader valve out and cleaned etc but cant see anything wrong with it. I've checked all valves and seals and all seem to be working fine. For those that know is it reasonable to assume since it builds pressure instantly when nozzle released the issue is most likely the unloader? On the diagram there is a sleeve and a spindle would I need to replace both - spindle is not cooperating in coming out! Spindle about €60 and the sleeve about €30.

valves.png

Maybe you just need to bleed the lance and hose, run it for a few minutes with the nozzle off then replace the nozzle and see does it make any difference.

What's the suction filter like, try it with a tap feed instead. Cut out pressure will always be a bit higher than operating pressure, does the pressure control adjuster make any difference to the gauge reading?

Maybe you just need to bleed the lance and hose, run it for a few minutes with the nozzle off then replace the nozzle and see does it make any difference.
Tried that measured output at the lance end with no nozzle it was putting out about 7l/minute it should be capable of 13l/min. Output at the pump directly was only slightly better about 8.5l/min. Turning the adjuster has a very slight effect 2-3 bar at the very last turn. It draws water from an internal tank I guess I could convert to direct feed to see.

I don't know anything about the specific model but if it's not on the feed side I'd say it's looking a bit like f**ked pump? A pump that's supposed to do that kind of volume will build pressure against a dead end pretty fast even if it is in a fairly sad state.

I don't know anything about the specific model but if it's not on the feed side I'd say it's looking a bit like f**ked pump? A pump that's supposed to do that kind of volume will build pressure against a dead end pretty fast even if it is in a fairly sad state.
Ok maybe ill just bite the bullet on a seal/valve kit and see how that goes first.

As long as you're sure that it's not drawing air anywhere. We had a PTO washer that (as I recall) was behaving similarly years ago. It turned out to be a frost crack on the little intake filter cap. It was pure luck that I noticed it when changing the O-ring on the cap. Sealed it off with super glue and away she went.

Anyway of telling if its drawing air?

Not that I know of. The suction pipe on ours is a devil for cracking near the connector so it's usually either that or the o-ring on the same connector. I know sfa about your washer's setup but if it's a feed from the bottom of a tank, I recon it should be a lot worse when the tank is nearly empty - unless there's a blocked gauze or filter somewhere that's exacerbating it.

There's bound to be a power-washer nut in your locality that could give a fairly solid diagnosis for less than the cost of the parts you're looking at trying.

Is the pump turning at the correct speed, it sounds like its not, no one has replaced the motor or gearbox with the incorrect type have they

Naw it’s an original Karcher motor hard to tell what speed it should be running at I guess the piston springs if weak might not be drawing enough fluid on return stroke I haven’t dismantled that part probably be very difficult to tell anyway looking at it

weren,t you lucky i spotted it or you could have ended up in the "WHAT AMUSED ME TODAY THREAD" :clap:
Blessed.
Although it could have come in handy if the RSA stopped me.
By the time they had finished laughing at me
For having a kubota they would have started to feel sorry for me and let me on my way incase I met someone I knew.

Fcuk where did it put that tin of orange

Back