6n 2019

Unfortunately not.
Tbf England played well. We didn't front up physically. Didn't back ourselves to punch the ball downfield to the corners. Plus the experiment with henshaw at fullback didn't work an put Stockdale and earls under too much pressure.
So in summary we didn't dominate in any facet of the game and underperformed in the back 3
Bugger

England going 7 up after 90 seconds left a hill to climb, take that away and the sides were level at half time but we never looked threatening or dominated territory enough to have a chance of pulling off a win, might be the best thing in the world to be put in our place going forward, I wouldn't put it past England to do the Grand Slam and will have their tails up heading into the World cup.

England going 7 up after 90 seconds left a hill to climb, take that away and the sides were level at half time but we never looked threatening or dominated territory enough to have a chance of pulling off a win, might be the best thing in the world to be put in our place going forward, I wouldn't put it past England to do the Grand Slam and will have their tails up heading into the World cup.
They physically dominated us, now if they can continue that or if Ireland actually didn't put in the effort I'm not sure.

England deserved the win unfortunately. I was thinking this morning there was too much confidence in an Ireland win. Always leads to trouble!

That Guinness Clear advert is bad form imo. Making a joke of responsible drinking. I'm no saint but the pretence that they give a sh*t about anything but their bottom line sickens my hole!

England deserved the win unfortunately. I was thinking this morning there was too much confidence in an Ireland win. Always leads to trouble!
!
Aye they started with us now saying we forgot how to lose:rolleyes2:
Cursed now:curse:

Yes don't them that...they'll have won the world cup by tommorow
Looking at the game though did England play exceptiona

That Guinness Clear advert is bad form imo. Making a joke of responsible drinking. I'm no saint but the pretence that they give a sh*t about anything but their bottom line sickens my hole!
I must go in and ask for a pint of Guinness clear next time I'm.in the pub. I'll get a few shots of tequila with it aswell

I've been drinking bud light all day. I've had 13 440ml tins(18 in asda for the price of 8 500ml tins in supervalu) I barely even have a buzz.

I'd be as fond of a pint as the next man but them ads are a complete load of B****x

Doesn't play for Munster anymore so he'll never play for Ireland. At least while Joe is manager.

He'd have been handy to have as an option but don't think henshaw had much to do with us losing the game or aki for that matter.

Slow ball, poor passing from 9 and failure to turn their defence with any of our kicks were the main culprits I felt
Their kicking game was excellent, put earls under severe pressure. Nothing he could do really as if he catches it he is put into touch or has 3 English men on him and can't run the ball or shift it on. That caught us. Henshaw didn't seem to be able to support either wing defensively.
We didn't kick well either surely there was space in the backfield to do so and when itoje went off there was only really lawes as a lineout option.
The killer was none of our carriers got over the gain line England were able to defend to easily. The exact opposite happened for England.
They played very well and we didn't. But I don't think it's the end of the world if we can bounce back from it.

Their kicking game was excellent, put earls under severe pressure. Nothing he could do really as if he catches it he is put into touch or has 3 English men on him and can't run the ball or shift it on. That caught us. Henshaw didn't seem to be able to support either wing defensively.
We didn't kick well either surely there was space in the backfield to do so and when itoje went off there was only really lawes as a lineout option.
The killer was none of our carriers got over the gain line England were able to defend to easily. The exact opposite happened for England.
They played very well and we didn't. But I don't think it's the end of the world if we can bounce back from it.
In the long run it could be a blessing really. It lets us head to the world cup with a point to prove straight away.

The only caveat I have is that I honestly think any of France Scotland and Wales could get within a slice of luck of us on any given day. Our reliance on game plan moves for every facet of our game requires almost perfection to get a win. We don't have anything much off the cuff to fall back on and get us out of trouble on a bad day. It's been a good thing up to now as so many players have been in good form and fit. I just worry that if Murray and sexton or one or two others have a prolonged dip in form we could have trouble.

A team like new Zealand, Australia, wales even may not be as consistent in the basics as us right now but they always have the chance for a bit of magic to grab 2 tries from nowhere and kill a game. We rely on strangling nearly every game into submission, there's never a release valve.

Ireland played well, but were clearly under a lot of "home pressure to do well"
England played better in the 80 minutes, but it were only 80 minutes,, as head case says the press Monday will have 6 nations won and the World Cup in the cabinet at twickers,,,, we'll fall on our Arse next time n make stupid mistakes,

That said I was well wrong we played a blinding game, had a lucky bounce it must b said but hey all need a bit o luck,!!! Plenty matches left yet

Ireland played well, but were clearly under a lot of "home pressure to do well"
England played better in the 80 minutes, but it were only 80 minutes,, as head case says the press Monday will have 6 nations won and the World Cup in the cabinet at twickers,,,, we'll fall on our Arse next time n make stupid mistakes,

That said I was well wrong we played a blinding game, had a lucky bounce it must b said but hey all need a bit o luck,!!! Plenty matches left yet
:Thumbp2:https://www.walesoncraic.com/england-book-open-top-bus/

You've got to wonder do half of the French players actually want to play for France. They don't seem to care at all.
England played really well in the first half not nearly as impressive in the second.

Back