Ford/New Holland

Friend has a tw that does be with us.
Might have worded my post wrong sorry if that caused offence.
What I ment is that the likes of disking or such is where its happiest the grunt doesn't seem to be there at the very top in the two I do drive its Down a bit.
Ive driven several ford's my father was driving 10 series ford's for nearly 15 years we have owned ford's and new hollands.Driving a harvester is a fairly simple task tbh.
And like I have said numerous times it was nearly all 2680s in harvesters around here.
Must be a parallel universe where you live so. I'll admit the gearbox was rough as a bears are a on a TW, but I'd say there is way more TW's at silage or was at silage on the whole country than there was 2000 series Masseys. And as I suspected, you have f#*k all experience of fords, and it shows in your ignorance.

You musnt have driven many ford's so.
It's all subjective if we all liked the same thing and had the same experience of them then we would all have the same brand.
Just because we never got on with ford's doesn't mean I'm automatically wrong because someone else likes them.
It's the same as you saying to me I like ploughing and I saying to you well your wrong because I don't use a plough and mines better than yours
I don’t normally make comments unless I have experience in the subject .

Must be a parallel universe where you live so. I'll admit the gearbox was rough as a bears are a on a TW, but I'd say there is way more TW's at silage or was at silage on the whole country than there was 2000 series Masseys. And as I suspected, you have f#*k all experience of fords, and it shows in your ignorance.
I must have it said 5 times no I'd say.
I can only build an opinion on what I see and whappens people I know and deal with.
I've enough to build an opinion that there a poor tractor if that opinion doesn't suit you that really isn't my problem.
You don't see me getting all hot and bothered that you don't think the 2000 series were any good

I must have it said 5 times no I'd say.
I can only build an opinion on what I see and whappens people I know and deal with.
I've enough to build an opinion that there a poor tractor if that opinion doesn't suit you that really isn't my problem.
You don't see me getting all hot and bothered that you don't think the 2000 series were any good
Where did I say that 2000 series Masseys were no good?

As jf says I was a 8210 owner up until last year. I think to really like them you need to be a ford enthusiast and be used to putting up their shortcomings. As already said they were a bit too big for their horsepower a 7810 would nearly match it. For the size of them a four furrow reversible plough or a 3m grub was about all they would be fit to handle.
I used my 8210 for agitating slurry, mowing silage and for trailer work.
What I liked about the 8210 was.

Good access to the cab and well laid out controls.
Good steering lock.
Good visibility out of the cab.
Fairly comfortable for its age.
Decent hydraulics.
Cheap and easy to repair.

My dislikes were.
Poor visibility and design of the pickup hitch. I had to replace the bolts holding up the hitch a couple of times but that's a common problem with all ford and new Holland tractors.

The split back window really pissed me off.

The gearbox layout was annoying. Going from a high forward gear to a low reverse was annoying backing trailers or hooking up to anything.

Fuel economy was poor enough whenever the tractor was put under pressure it would fire out black smoke and unburned diesel. Also the diesel tank was a bit small on here around 180 litres iirc hardly enough for a long day's work and inconvenient if you were working a distance away from the tank.

All in all I reckon the 8210 would be a comparable tractor to the likes of a jd 3350,mf 2640, case 1056.

:Thumbp2::Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

Look on Donedeal, theres always TWs and 30 series for sale. How many 2680s would you see? That would tell me there are still lots out there working. I know of a few older Deeres around, likewise TW's. If you think there are more Masseys of that vintage and horsepower bracket as the TW's working then you haven't a clue.

Where did I say that 2000 series Masseys were no good?
If there isn't many on done deal they misnt be working.
That must mean there crap.
Jesus and you accuse me of having a broad view.

While on the Ford subject is the engine in the tm range a Ford or is it a mixture of a Ford and in iveco.
Reason being there's a good few imperial bolts on it

If there isn't many on done deal they misnt be working.
That must mean there crap.
Jesus and you accuse me of having a broad view.
I never said they were crap, don't put words in my mouth. You are the one that used the population of 40 year old tractors in a given area as a yardstick for determining how good they were. I was simply stating that countrywide, I reckon there is a far greater population of Ford TW's working.
Show me where I said they are crap?

I never said they were crap, don't put words in my mouth. You are the one that used the population of 40 year old tractors in a given area as a yardstick for determining how good they were. I was simply stating that countrywide, I reckon there is a far greater population of Ford TW's working.
Show me where I said they are crap?

And I've already said that's fine if you think there good that's your opinion it isn't mine

Mowed silage with one of those , Wouldn't set the world on fire with it's road speed , not half as awkward as you might think , he'll of an improvement on something like a Leyland 2100 , which would have been a forerunner at silage work , around these parts at least.
They would be a great yoke on a hedgecutter great view

None of them big Ford's or Massey were popular around here.
6cyl crystals or ursus were the silage contractors choice if weapon.
No tillage worth talking about
A couple of s/h Deere that were fantastic until the hours got big and back end trouble came

None of them big Ford's or Massey were popular around here.
6cyl crystals or ursus were the silage contractors choice if weapon.
No tillage worth talking about
A couple of s/h Deere that were fantastic until the hours got big and back end trouble came
An awful lot of zetors around here too

You'd want to get down off your high horse
What's my "beloved" deeres supposed to mean?
I'd be the first one to say if I thought something was a heap of shite

High horse, everyone that knows me, knows I've a distinct dislike of horses... and if I was on a high one, I'd have a broken arm a long time ago.:laugh:

Anyways as Marco says, there are far better things to be discussing on here.

And one more thing, we like to be civil to one another here, I don't see why every second sentence that you have has to have a swear word in it, it's easy to replace it. We have a wide and diverse membership on here, young and old, male and female from many different countries and surely a bit of courteous English is not a big ask.

High horse, everyone that knows me, knows I've a distinct dislike of horses... and if I was on a high one, I'd have a broken arm a long time ago.:laugh:

Anyways as Marco says, there are far better things to be discussing on here.

And one more thing, we like to be civil to one another here, I don't see why every second sentence that you have has to have a swear word in it, it's easy to replace it. We have a wide and diverse membership on here, young and old, male and female from many different countries and surely a bit of courteous English is not a big ask.
I was being perfectly civil if you want to go back over the posts on two threads it was yourself that was coming across with the attitude.
Your clutching at straws at the swear words there it's a slippery slope if you start telling lads what they can say.
If it was strong language you'd have a point

Back