broadband speeds

Night and day difference! :Thumbp2:
A good improvement and that's 3G, the 4G on the phones here affects the TV whatever way it is happening so it would be a pain in the arse if I went the 4G route and the same happened.

Considering this is Dublin, it's not that great....:unsure:, on the left are three tests I did including one at 1.30 this morning.

Screenshot_2019-01-22-21-41-04.png

Screenshot_2019-01-26-23-18-55.png

I didn't think it was that bad down here :blushing::blushing:

I visited my neighbours this afternoon and they kindly let me do a speed test :clap:, I will be making a call on Monday.:cool1:

7FE69AA0-CF0C-41AC-8648-6D7F885311A3.png Reached a new high here this morning! The 14-16 is where it normally runs in the evenings. Must check it this evening because I’ve never seen it as high as the 2 this morning at the top.
That’s with 3 on a HUAWEI router

Good news
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0213/1029304-imagine-to-bring-high-speed-broadband-to-rural/

Still think it's misleading to say that it will be able to be got everywhere.

I would think it's no different than what I have so you'd need line of sight of the mast which may not suit in rural areas.
Something would want to happen as reading this..https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0211/1028809-eir-broadband-investment/ .. we will be waiting a hell of a lot longer around here as my understanding is they are spending €500 million to give more speed to places that are already serviced and town with upwards of 1000 premises and even this is to take 5 years .

It’s a joke, high speed broadband has just been set up close to us. Comes to Ruth in half a mile of us, but they have no plans at present to extend it any further. Annoying as that is, what’s worse is since the high speed has gone live our standard broadband has become next to useless due to congestion. At this stage we have between 3 and 5 during the day, but after 7pm it grinds to a halt until bedtime

It’s a joke, high speed broadband has just been set up close to us. Comes to Ruth in half a mile of us, but they have no plans at present to extend it any further. Annoying as that is, what’s worse is since the high speed has gone live our standard broadband has become next to useless due to congestion. At this stage we have between 3 and 5 during the day, but after 7pm it grinds to a halt until bedtime

Who are you with?

Granted it’s not peak time for usage but this is Nova Networks here this morning.

C4E6B8AB-DC64-424A-B272-B8B8E2A5AE7B.png

Who are you with?

Granted it’s not peak time for usage but this is Nova Networks here this morning.

View attachment 63071
With Eir, stuck in contract at the moment, but will be looking at moving away from a landline system as soon as contract is out.

Must look into possibility of breaking contract as as far as I'm concerned the service they are providing is not fit for purpose.

With Eir, stuck in contract at the moment, but will be looking at moving away from a landline system as soon as contract is out.

Must look into possibility of breaking contract as as far as I'm concerned the service they are providing is not fit for purpose.

It's scandalous really, Eir have fibre to within 300 mts of me yet they wouldn't give me it. Last year when I was arguing with them over the poor coverage I put it to them that they had downgraded the standard broadband to keep bandwidth or whatever to ensure those on fibre got a good connection, of course they denied it.

You will find it difficult to move from them when out of contract let alone while still in contract. They are putting obstacles in the way for customers looking to change provider, they are telling people that to cancel they will have to phone customer services but people have spent hours on hold to no avail, they (Eir) say they will not accept cancellation through any other way. If you you go to boards.ie and click on the "Talk to" then click on Eir you can read through as many cases of hassle customers have had as you like.

When the time comes that your contract is up drop me a pm and what worked for me might work for you if they give you any hassle over cancelling.

It's scandalous really, Eir have fibre to within 300 mts of me yet they wouldn't give me it.
Same story here, it's within 200 metres of me, it is outside a neighbours house and he can't get it because they trot out some tale about the ports in the exchange not being active yet between him and me there was a new house built and connected within a month, go to the end of my road and turn right and they have carried it to a house that hasn't been lived in for 15 years, essentially a ruin.

There is fibre running outside the house here and God knows they spent long enough up on poles and pulling wires etc.

Neighbour was on to me about getting it through eir but We've had so much hassle with them over a dodgy phone line and when our line lost a battle with a mower it was enough to turn me off. I was thinking of bagenal as well!!

They must rank as one of the worst customer services out there.

There is fibre running outside the house here and God knows they spent long enough up on poles and pulling wires etc.

Neighbour was on to me about getting it through eir but We've had so much hassle with them over a dodgy phone line and when our line lost a battle with a mower it was enough to turn me off. I was thinking of bagenal as well!!

They must rank as one of the worst customer services out there.

I honestly think Eir are purposely not answering calls from people wishing to cancel as they know if they keep customers hanging they can get another bill out of them, like in all fairness no matter how few are in the customer service department surely they'd get to a few calls. I had thought things would have improved when the French people took over but nothing seems to have changed.

You done right to stay away from them.

While on the topic of Eir I had a call from them this morning, the girl on the other end of the phone explained she was enquiring about how good my broadband was, I assured her it was diabolical and also that Eir cannot be contacted unless you are a customer with an account number or want to talk to sales, Eir are not my service provider but I do have an eircom.net e.mail address. I was assured she will pass on my concerns ( probably fall on deaf ears)

Eir have been in journalist Conor Pope's firing line for the psst few days for customer lack of service.

I see our own @bruceythom has been having fun with them too.....

A bit off topic but does anybody else have a problem with a few hone showing full 3g service but internet wont load or only half load a page. Im with 3 mobile and get this a lot in certain areas

Back