Silage 2019

Couple of lads bailing around here.

Must have very few cows

They have hundreds of cows.

With addictive I wonder would it be alright. It's surely no worse that the stuff baled in Oct. A lad told me he tested westerworlds baled in Oct and came back at 82 dmd. Baler and rake pulled out here yesterday to go through could be bailing next week

With addictive I wonder would it be alright. It's surely no worse that the stuff baled in Oct. A lad told me he tested westerworlds baled in Oct and came back at 82 dmd. Baler and rake pulled out here yesterday to go through could be bailing next week
I tested mine, sept cut were 77 and October 74, 82 sounds exceptionally high

I tested mine, sept cut were 77 and October 74, 82 sounds exceptionally high

I was thinking that ud be doing well to be getting that in early may. I was thinking that the westerworlds was may be a naturally higher quality. Would it be higher in sugars as the 2 pens that he had it at we're cleaned out opposed to the rest.

man onto me yesterday, want to know if i was interested in 40ac of silage in a few months time. his dairy customers that he was selling too, dont want it as they have a third of their winter feed left. Feck they must have short memories. its the first of march!! I said yes please

Two contractors out Thursday and Friday doing pit silage , I think @Delboy mighg been out with his tame contractor at a bit.we have grass that was meant for zero grazing but is gone to strong so will be baled and wrapped and delivered into a yard in 2 weeks when weather allows

Two contractors out Thursday and Friday doing pit silage , I think @Delboy mighg been out with his tame contractor at a bit.we have grass that was meant for zero grazing but is gone to strong so will be baled and wrapped and delivered into a yard in 2 weeks when weather allows
You should buy a harvester!

man onto me yesterday, want to know if i was interested in 40ac of silage in a few months time. his dairy customers that he was selling too, dont want it as they have a third of their winter feed left. Feck they must have short memories. its the first of march!! I said yes please
i really don't understand that thinking, slap it in a pit as insurance. sure it will keep for years if need be. all the better for you.

Can't understand lads that say they will take silage and then when they dont need it they just leave it. If you say you'll buy it then keep to your word

20190531_111540.jpg
20190531_141541.jpg
20190531_141541.jpg
20190531_141611.jpg
20190601_114617.jpg

Was the loadall pushing up from 2 harvesters? Looks like an awful day for it, weather can be awful frustrating when it goes against you.

No two different outfits. The first man has two harvesters and I do help him out with long draws with my own tractor and in that case he only had to send on the harvester and another trailer as the farmer was pushing up his own silage and it meant that he was able to cut for another farmer with his main outfit. I drive the seconds contractors tractor whenever he's cutting too.

That near @bagenal ? Some view of Carlow Town , especially at night , if it's where I'm thinking of .

You wouldn't put out your mother in law here yesterday or even today . Lots of short dirty heavy showers.

That's the spot alright. Fairly hilly country up there. It wasn't too bad here today but yesterday was miserable. Im glad that mines in the pit.

That's the spot alright. Fairly hilly country up there. It wasn't too bad here today but yesterday was miserable. Im glad that mines in the pit.

You'd want your wits about you on a good day up there let alone the past couple of days, I'd imagine the fields were greasy enough?

Back