DIY Calving Camera?

Great job , I’m just in the middle of a job for a farmer , 10 Poe cameras through a switch to a nano station to house , all plug and play nearly , view on phone iPad or tv

Im doing the same DIY job at the minute, how critical do you find the alignment of these nanostations @086lavey

well just as lambing season starts , the auto focus on the cam in lambing shed acts up. locked in fully extend position
tried all the fixes and firmware update recommended on liine to no avail.
took off the globe and manually adjused the zoom to a more acceptable position
pan and tilt are working 100%
have a replacement cam on route from Germany and the faulty 1 will do nicely for yard security or in the slatted shed.

Im doing the same DIY job at the minute, how critical do you find the alignment of these nanostations @086lavey

I'm going over 400 mtrs. with no clear line of sight , with 1 tansmitter and 2 receiving stations,
found using the 20mhz bandwidth 1 receiving station lost contact very occassionally
I changed the bandwidth to 30 Mhz. and no issues what so ever since
However the downside of using a broader bandwidth is signal distance is reduced slightly and also a lot of
smart phone don't have the capalibility so that rules out picking up the wifi on the phone

If you want to get real technical

well just as lambing season starts , the auto focus on the cam in lambing shed acts up. locked in fully extend position
tried all the fixes and firmware update recommended on liine to no avail.
took off the globe and manually adjused the zoom to a more acceptable position
pan and tilt are working 100%
have a replacement cam on route from Germany and the faulty 1 will do nicely for yard security or in the slatted shed.

I have seen that problem. A hard reset and then a reinstall fixed. It happened directly after the camera did an automatic software update.

I have seen that problem. A hard reset and then a reinstall fixed. It happened directly after the camera did an automatic software update.

no it's a hardware problem, its trying to respond but the gearing (or whatever moves the lens) is shot. tried a few squirts of switch cleaner but no use

@muckymanor I'm going to order a pair of sricam cameras of eBay, just wondering do their apps support preset camera positions? Cheers.
I think so. The app has a load of presets on it which you rename to suit your self.

Also, if the camera is going to be outside, buy the sp008 model. It has a clearer night vision and can handle wet drops on the lenses better. If its going to be inside in a shed, buy the cheaper one.

If you need help setting it up give me a call and I can talk you through it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-073531.png
    Screenshot_20190223-073531.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 163
I think so. The app has a load of presets on it which you rename to suit your self.

Also, if the camera is going to be outside, buy the sp008 model. It has a clearer night vision and can handle wet drops on the lenses better. If its going to be inside in a shed, buy the cheaper one.

If you need help setting it up give me a call and I can talk you through it
It was the 008 model I was looking at it will be in the shed but I want good nite vision rather than leaving all the lights on. Have wifi in the shed cat 5 cable from house repeater plugged in works perfect. Do u have to program a static IP address or does it come setup. Does the app do most of the setup? I'll give u a shout when when it arrives.

Line of site . The ones I use have a little indication on the back to tell you strength of signal

@086lavey one of my transmitter is 30ft over the ground and 3ft over shed roof and the other is 5ft off the ground at kitchen window 200m away, still only getting 5MBps per speed test.

They are well pointed at each other, could the height be making a difference, I think it is based on what I read here https://www.everythingrf.com/rf-calculators/fresnel-zone-calculator

Any thoughts ?

It was the 008 model I was looking at it will be in the shed but I want good nite vision rather than leaving all the lights on. Have wifi in the shed cat 5 cable from house repeater plugged in works perfect. Do u have to program a static IP address or does it come setup. Does the app do most of the setup? I'll give u a shout when when it arrives.

It arrives set up. Just plug it in, download the app and connect the WiFi.

I have been asked to look into a camera set up for the familys farm. There is currently no broadband on the farm, but there is at the house 150m away. Lambing is due to start in 2 weeks, so we dont really have time now to wait on anything to come from China

Can the sricam be got from UK or Ireland?
If not, has anyone else from ebay or amazon they can recommend.
Can anyone recommend any nanostations/wifi bridges they are using to connect between the two points?

I have been asked to look into a camera set up for the familys farm. There is currently no broadband on the farm, but there is at the house 150m away. Lambing is due to start in 2 weeks, so we dont really have time now to wait on anything to come from China

Can the sricam be got from UK or Ireland?
If not, has anyone else from ebay or amazon they can recommend.
Can anyone recommend any nanostations/wifi bridges they are using to connect between the two points?

Sricam from the UK. Buy it through parcel motel and use the northern ireland postcode for cheap postage.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sricam-720P...946416?hash=item33eaa3f7b0:g:DLwAAOSw60NbPJH6

WIFI extender from the UK - you would need to used parcel motel to get it too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MECO-WiF...372031?hash=item26105e49ff:g:A~sAAOSwXF5cOc6C

Thank you. I am in the north, so should work out OK. Is that the basic sricam? I have been recommended a hikvision equivalent at £195 + vat, thinking its probably overkill but want they something decent. Will I need two of those extenders to do point to point ? Unless we get a wireless camera?

(This is what we got quoted for)
NEW NETWORK 2MP 20X ZOOM HD IP PTZ CCTV CAMERA SECURITY NETWORK IR NIGHT VISION MONITOR CAM PTZ(HIKVISION DS-2ZMN2007 HD MODULE)

• support auto iris, auto-focus, AWB, BLC
  • support ultralow illumination, 0.05Lux/F1.4 (color), 0.01Lux/F1.4 (B/W), 0Lux with IR
  • support 3DNR, D-WDR
  • effective pixel is 2.0MP (1080P)
  • support audio, 2 input 1 output alarm
  • 20x optical zoom
  • TI platform, stable and reliable performance
  • support Ethernet control
  • can view video by IE browser and Client software
  • support dual-stream, H.264/MJPEG compression, multi-level video quality configuration, real-time video output in 1080P&720P
  • support multi network protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, FTP, PPPOE, TCP/IP, DHCP, DDNS, NTP, UPnP

Last edited:
I changed my cheap point to point to 2 of ens500-ac £210 for the 2 units. The speed is excellent I got 50mb down and 10mb up which pretty much matches what the house has. Distance is about 100m Very impressed. I had a cheap solution based on Edimax routers which worked but was only doing about 1mb each way and wouldn’t work well when I added the camera recording.

I changed my cheap point to point to 2 of ens500-ac £210 for the 2 units. The speed is excellent I got 50mb down and 10mb up which pretty much matches what the house has. Distance is about 100m Very impressed. I had a cheap solution based on Edimax routers which worked but was only doing about 1mb each way and wouldn’t work well when I added the camera recording.

We are only getting 10meg at the house to start with so worried about what we will get at the farm. Seen good reviews for tp link cpe210/510. If we were spending £200+ on the units, they would probably just get broadband in.

I think you would get the full bandwidth at the remote site. For me paying for broadband monthly would quickly exceed the cost of the bridge. I did consider a cable but again cost of digging and laying cable would be more than the above.

Cpe510 does look good I hadn’t seen that and keenly priced. I’d say it would do a good job

Back