New Fertiliser spreader

Blue Power

I will be buying a new fertiliser spreader to replace a pendulum vicon. The vicon gave very little trouble.

Are the pendulum outdated now? Are the spinners the way to go? Which is best for spreading grass seed?

Will be going for a plastic hopper with stainless steel parts. The teagle xt48 looks okay. Also, will be fitting a crane so any suggesions on a good value crane. Thanks.

I will be buying a new fertiliser spreader to replace a pendulum vicon. The vicon gave very little trouble.

Are the pendulum outdated now? Are the spinners the way to go? Which is best for spreading grass seed?

Will be going for a plastic hopper with stainless steel parts. The teagle xt48 looks okay. Also, will be fitting a crane so any suggesions on a good value crane. Thanks.
I've an xt48 for sale if you want a travel! :lol:
Nothing wrong with them as such. But I could never seem to get along with setting then. Now I was spreading at quite a speed to cover ground so that won't have helped.
Between wanting more accuracy and wider width and capacity we ended up biying a KRM. but for small acerages the teagle was fine
No idea with grass seeds mind you.

Nothing wrong with them as such. But I could never seem to get along with setting then. Now I was spreading at quite a speed to cover ground so that won't have helped.
Between wanting more accuracy and wider width and capacity we ended up biying a KRM. but for small acerages the teagle was fine
We had one here could never get it set right either Would only spread 10m too couldn't get it to do 12m without striping.

We might do a deal if you send it across on the ferry ☺.

Saw an xt48 today. Price new seems okay. His previous teagle was 12yrs old gave little trouble.

There's nothing wrong with a pendulum spreader, by volume they are still the world's best selling spreader as far as I know!

You won't beat one for spreading grasseeds.

Hey lads, Relatively new to this so excuse if im posting in the wrong location.

Have An XT 48 at home and have been spreading with different application rates. Cant figure it out. Anyone know about setting the application rate. Have it set at 75mm ope at the minute hoping to spread a bag and a half to the acre. Can anybody give any advice?

Have An XT 48 at home and have been spreading with different application rates. Cant figure it out. Anyone know about setting the application rate. Have it set at 75mm ope at the minute hoping to spread a bag and a half to the acre. Can anybody give any advice?
@AYF Had one iirc.

You mean it keeps altering itself?
Tbh I could never get the settings. And if I did it never went well the next load!

Sold it a few weeks ago or would upload a pic of the spreader chart. Not that that was any good

You mean it keeps altering itself?
Tbh I could never get the settings. And if I did it never went well the next load!

Sold it a few weeks ago or would upload a pic of the spreader chart. Not that that was any good

No, i dont even know if my setting is right to start with, bought the spreader but have no handbood so dont even have a spreader chart to go by.. Disaster.

Maybe your Gps is out
Usually the charts are just a guide anyway . It's just a case of knowing the right size of your fields and exact amount of fertiliser in the hopper

5896403F-D344-4DB2-A001-77FFDC7027FB.jpeg 61B6BAA0-0E12-47A7-9484-83B5E871C07E.jpeg @Stano91 just happened to be in a place that has an xt22 but the chart is the same, both charts are a bit damaged but hopefully be able to work between them to give you a rough idea

Have used both types of spreaders, spinner and wagtail (pendulum). The accuracy, speed and the spread widths of the spinners cannot be matched by the wag tail. How ever it all depends on how much you are doing if it is worth the higher cost. Wagtails are fine in smaller fields and lower acreage. The one area shere they are better than the spinner is that they tend to benmore accurate at sowing grass seeds.

Hi Stano, I bought an XT24 last year and got the manual online (attached). It has the up to date tables.

I find 65, for ordinary compound fertiliser, would be 2+ bags/acre. I'm using 70mm for 3 bags.

For urea I was using 45 for 1 bag/acre.

Attachments

• 201503 XT22 24 44 46 48 Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Hi Stano, I bought an XT24 last year and got the manual online (attached). It has the up to date tables.

I find 65, for ordinary compound fertiliser, would be 2+ bags/acre. I'm using 70mm for 3 bags.

Of course all that depends on bout width and forward speed.

Thanks a million for that PuttyMAn. Much appreciated.

I must admit, moving to a weighing spreader a few years ago was something I’ve never regretted.

Grabbed an opportunity to spread 110kg/ac of Can+S on WOSR. Almost 60acres, across 4 fields.
Came out of the last tramline with the spreader registering just 67kg left.

All done in the dark, right rate applied first time. Certainly good for keeping my blood pressure down.

77B88F8E-A254-400B-82D6-FAB746BDABF2.jpeg

I must admit, moving to a weighing spreader a few years ago was something I’ve never regretted.

Grabbed an opportunity to spread 110kg/ac of Can+S on WOSR. Almost 60acres, across 4 fields.
Came out of the last tramline with the spreader registering just 67kg left.

All done in the dark, right rate applied first time. Certainly good for keeping my blood pressure down.

View attachment 74494
did you go into a neighbours field to get rid of the 67 kgs then , or will you do the naughty thing and leave it in the spreader for a week or so :scratchhead::smile:

1.1kg/acre out, I'd take that but it would be fair annoying to end up short 1.1 kg/acre..:scratchhead:

Back