Mchale vs Welger

Thanks lads esp @Kieran97 for your video which was key to solving the problem - wrapped a bale last night - sorry was too delighted to even take a picture!! I do need new net spreader rollers as the net catching in the groove - other than that all good just need some dry weather!

We had an awful run with steering wheel attendants this year.
I spent more time fooling showing lads how to wrap bales and the baler sitting doing nothing.
The inline is great and i will still use it but no one else can and if im not around or at some other job it made life awkward.
A fusion shouldn't be too difficult to operate and one lad with us used drive one for another contractor.

So how did you get on with the fusion this year?

How does the inline compare to it?

So how did you get on with the fusion this year?

How does the inline compare to it?
OK it gets fair annoying at times breaking plastic for no apparent reason some days it absolutely wrecks your head i remember one day i must have got off the tractor 100 times but all in all its a good simple system although I think some of the alternatives could be better I think the vertical wrapping ring is a balls of a set up.
Id take the fusion in everyday life before id take the inline if you. Put me into a 20 acre square flat field the inline would eat it for breakfast

would the fusion be better in steep ground, easier to pull.
Yeah its far better than the inline on a hill the line was a serious handful I've only had two bales roll away thís year one stared flipping end over end and the other was with the cvx she's very misleading on a hill

Has anyone modified the intake on the fusions to stop them blocking in soft grass.
Will the 5 tine bars help the problem?
Seen a new one working a few weeks ago in glorified toppings raked in 50fts could hardly see the rows in the field it was that light. Anyway she ate them up no problem travelling pretty fast too I was impressed.
Not sure if any mod can help but whatever they've done to the new intake it's miles better

Seen one at a demo day yrs ago now . It was the only one sold in ireland after i believe . Lely ireland prefered bringing in the goweil version as it was a much simpler setup with less sensors and stuff . You after spotting one for sale .
Anyone ever seen a welger doubleaction working other than on youtube?

Seen one at a demo day yrs ago now . It was the only one sold in ireland after i believe . Lely ireland prefered bringing in the goweil version as it was a much simpler setup with less sensors and stuff . You after spotting one for sale .
Just curious really as have never heard or seen much about them, they do look wide across the wheels though. Yeah there's one for sale over here.

Lads, when ye are baling silage with your McHale or welger or whatever it is you use, do you chop with all knives or is there an option to remove some or disengage some?

Mine has 25 knives usually bale with either 12 or none. Have removed 13 knives.

Do you physically have to remove them or can you just choose on the screen not to have them working?

Is it a case of the more knives, the shorter the chop length?

The fusion 3 has split 25 knife bank. So you can select 12 or 13 . Never use full 25 as youd never get through work and it would choke very easily when bale gets full. The boss has a knive sharpener and we have 4 or 5 sets of knives and change them out often

Back