Foxes

Arthur

Brave or innocent, 2 cubs sitting in the hedge..
IMG_20190419_114301_LI.jpg

Brave or innocent, 2 cubs sitting in the hedge..View attachment 64970
We had to give up keeping the few hens , there are so many of them around here. You have to admire their tenacity though.
The final straw was when they dug a tunnel under the buried galvanised , bypassing the electric fences and into the hen run. At that point I declared the war over and accepted defeat.

A hell of a lot of them around here. I have regularly seen them come into the shed where the cows calf at night, seen them on the camera. They have been known to attach and kill new born calves when the cow not able to protect the calf. I have lost calves to them. I hate to ba••••ds.

Mother has a few hens so foxes ain’t welcome. But plenty around here you’d hear them at night . I see some very brave fox’s when baling at night hoping the rows long side you not a bother on them .

You dont have sheep so
Nope, plenty of sheep around me though and I never heard of a fox attacking them or the lambs. My grandmother used keep fowl here when I was a young lad 30 years ago now and the odd hen used vanish alright but usually they were always locked up in the hen house at night. Twas our own laziness not bothering to close the door at night resulted in the odd casualty. A mink killed the whole lot of them in a single night and that was the end of the fowl here.

There is a lot of foxes around here, back the years when the ploutry was big business in west Waterford the farmers used to allowed bury the dead chickens the place was full
Of foxes as they had a very easy to access food source, not so much any more as the rules have changed.
There seems to be an awful lot of pheasants around the last few weeks tho, more than I’ve seen in years.

IMG_20190619_180355_338.JPG
2 months on since I first saw them, the 3 have gone their separate ways, this lad still hangs around near the house but has his right eye closed, trotted past me this evening within a few yards and went out the back and within seconds came racing back chased by a swallow..:laugh:

I came across a lot more foxes this year nearly every evening there one about

Attachments

• 70DD4B66-4F43-4ACD-A923-CBECA5CEC12E.jpeg
    70DD4B66-4F43-4ACD-A923-CBECA5CEC12E.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 179
There cute aul hoars..they know that there safe this time of the year... I've land rented were theres a pack of hounds and the foxs do u around outside the pens at the moment and not a bother on then...until about August anyway

Back