Todays Photo

How`s the mower going for you . Have one here in work .
ya its going well. we don't put big acerage through it though.
its a dream to follow ground, floats over humps and bumps that i always had to lift the old 302 over.
The paint work would be the biggest issue with it, cracking off at edges and that.
I also find it doesn't cut through rows great, like cutting a narrow strip between 2 rows, tends to bunch one row a bit if it cuts into it.
Overall happy with it though.
How do ye find it? ye probably putting up much more acres.

ya its going well. we don't put big acerage through it though.
its a dream to follow ground, floats over humps and bumps that i always had to lift the old 302 over.
The paint work would be the biggest issue with it, cracking off at edges and that.
I also find it doesn't cut through rows great, like cutting a narrow strip between 2 rows, tends to bunch one row a bit if it cuts into it.
Overall happy with it though.
How do ye find it? ye probably putting up much more acres.
Happy enough with it as you say follows the ground really well . Wouldnt be the best for cutting really lodged grass . Paint quality was never a kuhn strong point . Only thing thats given us bother on it is the threaded rods with the spring at there base that set the tension on the torsion bar . Have broken the one on the gearbox side twice . A pain to change and expensive .

Happy enough with it as you say follows the ground really well . Wouldnt be the best for cutting really lodged grass . Paint quality was never a kuhn strong point . Only thing thats given us bother on it is the threaded rods with the spring at there base that set the tension on the torsion bar . Have broken the one on the gearbox side twice . A pain to change and expensive .
Has done the same here they have gone with a round bar now instead of the flat bar

It has only broken when I’m on the mower :rolleyes2: always in the field. No particular reason level field . We`re blaming it on the boucing at speed on rough raods aint helping them . Your kind of beat when it breaks as the mower drops almost completely on that side . Now you can still work it alright but floating over the ground is gone . The 2 times it broke in work . It broke in the same spot snaps clean off just above the nut under the spring . Was able to get a nut threaded back on to broken piece so could keep mowing albeit with no spring .
what breaks them? a bang or bump or no particular reason?

Back