mounted sprayer.

As bad as the DB were they were a step up from the Ford anyway. A good selection of gears anyway :fight:and synchro!

They must have a better lift capacity too as the similar Ford would be around a 4600 and I wouldn't like to be putting a 1000l sprayer on one of those.....

You are getting all nostalgic now!

We went from a hardi xl800 12m to a bethroud elite 1200l 15m sprayer 4yr ago. She was second hand but had done fuck all. I had a look at a new hardi at the time nd was very close to buying until the bethroud came up. The bethroud is a finer sprayer in my opinion the only thing is she is a heavy machine on the tractor the way it's designed. But saying that I would find it hard to back to a hardi due to steel quality. If your changing get in cab controls there a must and a induction hopper. Have a look at your average field sizes, tis a balls to get a sprayer that you have to come back to top up. Oh ya and if your going bigger don't forget the spinner if your on trams. Happy buying

We went from a hardi xl800 12m to a bethroud elite 1200l 15m sprayer 4yr ago. She was second hand but had done fuck all. I had a look at a new hardi at the time nd was very close to buying until the bethroud came up. The bethroud is a finer sprayer in my opinion the only thing is she is a heavy machine on the tractor the way it's designed. But saying that I would find it hard to back to a hardi due to steel quality. If your changing get in cab controls there a must and a induction hopper. Have a look at your average field sizes, tis a balls to get a sprayer that you have to come back to top up. Oh ya and if your going bigger don't forget the spinner if your on trams. Happy buying

I'd be honest with you, if I had the tractor with the lift capacity, the acreage to justify it and the corresponding budget, I'd have a UK built sprayer before either a Hardi or Berthoud.

Gem/Case would be the forerunner with Knight a close section.

Small fields here so no worries on that score but would be sticking with 12m for the drill and spreader.

Might be my father dreaming for now!

I'd be honest with you, if I had the tractor with the lift capacity, the acreage to justify it and the corresponding budget, I'd have a UK built sprayer before either a Hardi or Berthoud.

Gem/Case would be the forerunner with Knight a close section.

Small fields here so no worries on that score but would be sticking with 12m for the drill and spreader.

Might be my father dreaming for now!

IAM had a couple of sprayers at Grass & Muck, myself and the father were of the opinion that the KV/Rau was a better built and altogether nicer looking machine than the Hardi. If I was buying a sprayer in the morning and sufficient funds I'd be going for a trailed Chafer, followed by a Knight. The build quality of the booms in particular is way ahead of the 2 brands you mention, and we've had a succession of Hardi sprayers for the last 30 years.

The last Tecnoma we had here was 800l with gdm booms[ hyd folding up the back] it was very handy being able to fold half in to clear an obstacle ,it stood the pace without any welding or repairs . The Massey 4365 that worked it was very light on the nose far more so than the 390 it replaced 6 front weights were the norm . Prior to buying that one I wouldnt have looked twice a Tecnoma.

Next sprayer in two years time or so....

@6600, this is what I'm buying next to get the junglebook rumour mill going.:Whistle2:

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/bateman-rb-16-sprayer/21862793

MzhkZWZmOWQ3ODhjN2M3ZGVkY2Y0MGY4OTI5ZjVlN2UM9hxwm92jb8w-WFGSoXUGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQ1MDgyMTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Lads. If I purchased a sprayer from the north that already has a UK test, will it suffice for bord bia and dept of agriculture in the event of an Inspection?

Lads. If I purchased a sprayer from the north that already has a UK test, will it suffice for bord bia and dept of agriculture in the event of an Inspection?
You'd hope so but I'm sure an imported car with a full MOT would need to be retested here...

You'd hope so but I'm sure an imported car with a full MOT would need to be retested here...

That's the mad thing about it. They could turn around and say no good when in fact testers in both jurisdictions are carrying out the same test.

that's changed now, what ever time is left on the UK MOT is credited here now as well, do your first Irish DOE is not due until the UK MOT expires.

What are all the valves for on the bottom of this one folks :scratchhead:

Fill/spray valve on the left. Induction open/close. Induction rinse and next one turning on the induction hopper.
Just guessing now and know nothing about a Gem but looks to be plumbed like our gambetti.

Fill/spray valve on the left. Induction open/close. Induction rinse and next one turning on the induction hopper.
Just guessing now and know nothing about a Gem but looks to be plumbed like our gambetti.

Yea that’s the way my case is. And there is a clean water tap as well there. I also have one there for a tank wash to

What kind of a weight are mounted Knight and Gem sprayers?

As in would they be heavier or similar to Hardi/Berthoud.

Not a lot in it I,d say can only comment on a 24 m KNIGHT and my TECNOMA both of them are 1.25 tonnes.

Back