230mm Cutting Discs

I can’t say a whole pile about 230mm discs as I don’t use the big grinder much but in 115s I find the 1mm Vires disc mighty (something tells me they’re stainless cutting discs). We sold them where I used to work. We tried a few different brands and they were the best ones I found. Either them or the orange Super Quality 1.6s. Great disc too and great lasting with the little bit more thickness.
I’ve used a few of the Vires 230mms and had no problems (2mm I think) and there’s a neighbour at home that does a lot of fabricating and he buys them orange Super Quality ones by the hundreds and swears by them so the quality seems to match between the 115s and 230s. Just my 2 cents

I like tyrolit, I find klingspor can err a bit too far on the side of lasting, which means they're slow to cut.

Had a pferd disc on the 9 inch at one stage, no idea where I got it, but it seemed to cut like a soft disc but wear like a hard one, was excellent, but no clue where I got it to get more.

I like tyrolit, I find klingspor can err a bit too far on the side of lasting, which means they're slow to cut.

Had a pferd disc on the 9 inch at one stage, no idea where I got it, but it seemed to cut like a soft disc but wear like a hard one, was excellent, but no clue where I got it to get more.
Pferd are some disk dear tho only disk that will work on my chopsaw for some reason.
Fred cronin supplies or bolt bank has Pferd disks

Am I the only person who hates Super discs ?
They last well, but slow to cut .

Like The Klingspor , but have had a couple of box's of these and find them good to cut and not bad lasting .
Sonnenflex golden star.
20190515_122056.jpg

Kronenflex® cutting-off wheels or WURTH.........................................

I get all our discs from Bmc Equipment find their discs good value and are good to cut their competive on consumables.

Super quality orange discs are the best I've found yet, they cost around €7 each but had the misfortune of doing a job once and was given 5 Aldi discs to use because I'd only half an orange one left in my 9 inch grinder. The Aldi ones cost €1 each or thereabouts but they disintegrated in the first minute and I got more use out of my half worn disc than all 5 Aldi discs which left a horrible burning smell too.
I only buy the orange super quality now but don't use many either ways only when away from the workshop.

Super quality orange discs are the best I've found yet, they cost around €7 each but had the misfortune of doing a job once and was given 5 Aldi discs to use because I'd only half an orange one left in my 9 inch grinder. The Aldi ones cost €1 each or thereabouts but they disintegrated in the first minute and I got more use out of my half worn disc than all 5 Aldi discs which left a horrible burning smell too.
I only buy the orange super quality now but don't use many either ways only when away from the workshop.
Our local guy that @johndeere6920s mentioned above isnt bad value then
https://www.boltbank.com/collections/cutting-disks/products/super-quality-230mm-cutting-disk

This fella called here selling super quality discs he left a few samples I think it was three different 230mm discs in the super quality range seemed ok value. I find the orange discs very hard and won’t cut very fast as they don’t seem to get any bite. The discs he left were good tho could have been a no.2 I think 3 was the higher grade which he didn’t have. Might be worth a shout.

7f347e7f-212c-48ed-8e49-6057c6b7e396

Attachments

• DC7F1684-CB4E-4176-8E8D-74655C41DDFE.jpeg
    DC7F1684-CB4E-4176-8E8D-74655C41DDFE.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I got steel in Thompson butler lately and storeman gave me 3 of these

Doesn't say anything about a make bar super quality, but i found them fairly good.

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_091429.jpg
    IMG_20190516_091429.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190516_091429.jpg
    IMG_20190516_091429.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 36
The super quality 1 is the standard disc, 3.2mm thick, the skinny disc is 1.9mm.
20190517_162837.jpg 20190517_162837.jpg 20190517_162849.jpg

Last edited:
Back