New sprayer spec

mixedbag

Trying to finalize specs for new mounted sprayer, the options are endless and what’s standard with one supplier can be extra with another.

Looking strongly at Amazone, the moment the following are on my spec list
250 litre pump
GPS section control
Amatron 3
Joystick controller
GPS track license
External light bar for gps track
Hydraulic boom tilt/ one sided folding (profi-fold 1)
Parking wheels
Boom lights

Rep is strongly pushing auto boom height, it’s not cheap and not really a priority for me. Any opinions on it?

Like the idea of the comfort pack which allows you to wash tank, booms etc from the cab, as well as automatically adjusting level of agitation as the volume in the tank drops, and automatically shutting off waterfiller when desired volume has been reached. Don’t have an exact price on it yet but rep says it’s similar cost to the auto boom height control. Does any one have any experience of it?

Is DUS boom circulation worth adding on a 21 meter boom?

Any other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance lads!

Trying to finalize specs for new mounted sprayer, the options are endless and what’s standard with one supplier can be extra with another.

Looking strongly at Amazone, the moment the following are on my spec list
250 litre pump
GPS section control
Amatron 3
Joystick controller
GPS track license
External light bar for gps track
Hydraulic boom tilt/ one sided folding (profi-fold 1)
Parking wheels
Boom lights

Rep is strongly pushing auto boom height, it’s not cheap and not really a priority for me. Any opinions on it?

Like the idea of the comfort pack which allows you to wash tank, booms etc from the cab, as well as automatically adjusting level of agitation as the volume in the tank drops, and automatically shutting off waterfiller when desired volume has been reached. Don’t have an exact price on it yet but rep says it’s similar cost to the auto boom height control. Does any one have any experience of it?

Is DUS boom circulation worth adding on a 21 meter boom?

Any other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance lads!
I brought a new sprayer last year and I didn’t go for auto boom height because I thought it was too expensive (approx 5k). A neighbor did get it on a new sprayer and he is very happy with it. It was not just auto height that I was quoted for, it also levels the boom. I enquired about retro fitting it lately and it can be done for a little bit more than what it would have cost when I was buying the sprayer.

Do Kuhn sell sprayers in Ireland? Really like the look of them. Mind you this video must have been made by someone mad into chemicals :blink:

Do Kuhn sell sprayers in Ireland? Really like the look of them. Mind you this video must have been made by someone mad into chemicals :blink:
Yes they do, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet though or any idea of pricing. Aluminum booms

CFM in Cork have them. Look very good but I'm no expert.
I haven’t seen the Kuhn mounted but a couple of trailed ones here locally and the owners look to be very happy with them.

Amazone will be hard to beat pricewise I’d say.

Boom circulation would be a must for me although it’s probably standard on most sprayers. This means that any one time, whatever is flowing through the pump (clean water or spray mix) is also circulating in the booms so it’s available as soon as you switch on the nozzles.

Auto height could be handy but probably more so on big boom widths.

The more things you have, the more there’s to go wrong.

Have the auto boom height on the Amazone here, but I went for 24m profi 2 booms and have the 4 sensors. Very good although it still needs a little fine tuning on settings to get it to where I would really like it to be. Very happy with the sprayer . It fills very quick which can the slow part of the spraying process

Have the auto boom height on the Amazone here, but I went for 24m profi 2 booms and have the 4 sensors. Very good although it still needs a little fine tuning on settings to get it to where I would really like it to be. Very happy with the sprayer . It fills very quick which can the slow part of the spraying process
What pump have you @laoisfarmer?

I haven’t seen the Kuhn mounted but a couple of trailed ones here locally and the owners look to be very happy with them.

Amazone will be hard to beat pricewise I’d say.

Boom circulation would be a must for me although it’s probably standard on most sprayers. This means that any one time, whatever is flowing through the pump (clean water or spray mix) is also circulating in the booms so it’s available as soon as you switch on the nozzles.

Auto height could be handy but probably more so on big boom widths.

The more things you have, the more there’s to go wrong.

Surprisingly boom circulation seems to be extra with most brands. I think it’s worth adding.

While the amazone rep was strongly pushing the auto boom height I don’t really think it necessary, especially if the nozzles and rate control will be automatic I surely manage to manually work the boom. It can be retro fitted later as well.

My biggest worry about adding all the tech to the sprayer is like you say the more features you add, the more there is to go wrong, and I intend to keep this sprayer for a long time!

I have the biggest pump spec’d purely to increase filling speed

I have the biggest pump spec’d purely to increase filling speed

300L/min here for 4200 L. Very rarely gets filled to the very top but in most cases it’ll have almost filled by the time I’ve put in the potions.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic of filling sprayers I've never used the suction pipe on ours for filling the sprayer, we've an underground concrete storage tank fed by springs and I put a 2 inch plastic hydrodare pipe leading from the tank down to where I fill the sprayer at the bottom of the yard. Gravity draws the water from storage and I welded a steel ring on the back of the sprayer to hold pipe in place for filling. Open water valve on pipe and 17 minutes later you've 1000 litres of water on board. Just enough time to get chemicals in...
20190520_105852.jpg

Saw a new trailed amazone on its side lastnight, looked a proper mess.. fairly level field but a soft corner with possibly a fairly severe rut but still amazed it went over, how common is this?.

Saw a new trailed amazone on its side lastnight, looked a proper mess.. fairly level field but a soft corner with possibly a fairly severe rut but still amazed it went over, how common is this?.
Early JD800i's were very prone to it, hadn't heard about Amazones doing, but tramelines are gone very very hard in the last few days.

On the topic of filling sprayers I've never used the suction pipe on ours for filling the sprayer, we've an underground concrete storage tank fed by springs and I put a 2 inch plastic hydrodare pipe leading from the tank down to where I fill the sprayer at the bottom of the yard. Gravity draws the water from storage and I welded a steel ring on the back of the sprayer to hold pipe in place for filling. Open water valve on pipe and 17 minutes later you've 1000 litres of water on board. Just enough time to get chemicals in...
View attachment 65915
A force 10? Thought you said the other day you were on triple nozzle holders,quad nozzles on her there.what width is she?

A force 10? Thought you said the other day you were on triple nozzle holders,quad nozzles on her there.what width is she?
Yes Force 10 it is. Correct on the quad nozzles there too, what I meant was she came with 12s, 15s and 18 size discs, and an empty side.
It's originally a 12 meter but I stretched it to a 15 meter and then got it tested and certified as a 15 meter. The tester said he couldn't find anything wrong with the conversion for to fail it.

probably SDs sprayer ,they got a new one a few weeks back, his wife has land in pedlars ,they would be well able to drive on too

Back