MarkIRE

I have a ford 7840 and have just bought an Abbey 1600 gallon tanker and was just wondering what forward speed to be going and what gear (it's the 7840 with years 1 to 4 then 4 to 8) to be in and revs etc??

Thanks
Mark

400 PTO rpm is loads for almost any vacuum pump.

6-8kph or so, but to figure out what rate your putting on slurry, measure the width of the spread and multiply by the distance travelled to figure coverage.

So, if it takes 6 mins to empty a load, at 6 kph, you'll have travelled 600m.
Multiply by the width (8m for example) will give the area covered, in this case 4,800m2 (almost half a Ha.)

So if you were putting out 1600gal on .48ha, (1600\.48 = 3,300ish gal/ha), or 1300gal per acre.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/spring-slurry-key-for-soil-fertility-as-new-season-commences/

I have a ford 7840 and have just bought an Abbey 1600 gallon tanker and was just wondering what forward speed to be going and what gear (it's the 7840 with years 1 to 4 then 4 to 8) to be in and revs etc??

Thanks
Mark[/QUOTE

Thanks
Mark
To answer the original question I travel in first gear medium range in the SDLP gearbox, about 1000 engine rpm in 540 pto is enough to blow the relief valve on the 8000 l/min pump at 0.5 bar pressure ( yours may be a 10000 l/min pump), this equates to 3000 gals/acre with me. A lot depends on how watery the slurry is of course.

To answer the original question I travel in first gear medium range in the SDLP gearbox, about 1000 engine rpm in 540 pto is enough to blow the relief valve on the 8000 l/min pump at 0.5 bar pressure ( yours may be a 10000 l/min pump), this equates to 3000 gals/acre with me. A lot depends on how watery the slurry is of course.
Or the nozzle size

:Whistle2:

In all seriousness, apologies to Mark who started the thread, it got invaded by a spam poster who has since left the building.
Couldn't you have blanked the post and put deleted in it and turned the spammer to guest

Back