Winter Wheat 2019

It’s hard to figure out but there is a savage amount of it around, varieties breaking down, Chems not working, bit mad really and the last few days and coming week are textbook conditions so thing could end up a right mess in a weeks time I fear

You’d hope that the remaining green leaf would have bravo on it and thus be protected?

Unless the Septoria got in first and hasn’t made itself known just yet.......

Going with T3 this week, my wheat has every disease you can name, but all down in the base and creeping upwards.

Leaf 3 gust about gone in Costello wheat. The top two leaves are holding well so far. I haven’t seen septoria pressure like this since 12’. Given how dry May was I wonder is going to be possible grow winter wheat in the future, down around here anyway.CD1142AC-057B-4B25-BBD5-EE78EEAD833B.jpeg Hi C18E054E-4C3A-48F2-9A0F-829BB6EA36CB.jpeg

20190609_115228.jpg 20190609_115225.jpg
Anyone having trouble with mixing Adexar and Corbel? The sprayer filters got clogged up here when it went like sour milk. 40 acres of wheat badly covered now.

Wouldn’t have thought it would , anything else in tank ? Just them two ?
When you say filters, main line or nozzle filter

There was Adexar Corbel and Bravo. The Adexar went in first and all was fine, as soon are the Corbel went in there was curdling. All the filters blocked, I've more wheat to do and I'm changing over to Elatus Plus Plexeo, Corbel and Bravo.

There was Adexar Corbel and Bravo. The Adexar went in first and all was fine, as soon are the Corbel went in there was curdling. All the filters blocked, I've more wheat to do and I'm changing over to Elatus Plus Plexeo, Corbel and Bravo.
I take it your on T2?

Worst case scenario run through with corbel separate if your chasing mildew
BASF prob have a helpline

Never had an issue with that before. Get into whoever supplied you with the chemical. Corbel and adexar are both BASF and bravo in general is no issue.

Was on to supplier yesterday and he said there was big demand for Adexar and they brought some in from England in 10L cans, which I was using.20190609_185138.jpg

Anyone on T3? Will be 3 weeks next Wed since T2 and its mid flowering. Top 2 leaves clean but 3rd one half gone. Thinking of leaving it till the weekend.

Anyone on T3? Will be 3 weeks next Wed since T2 and its mid flowering. Top 2 leaves clean but 3rd one half gone. Thinking of leaving it till the weekend.

Doing ours tomorrow if all goes to plan.

The crops are flowering.

Fusarium control on wheat using chemicals is moderate at best if the weather is bad enough at flowering.
The flowers on an ear of wheat don’t all occur at the same time so all you can do is spray as close to mid flowering as you can.

Proline is seen as the best active so make sure this is in the tank in some form.

I would aim to spray at flowering regardless of the period between T2 & T3.

The crops are flowering.

Fusarium control on wheat using chemicals is moderate at best if the weather is bad enough at flowering.
The flowers on an ear of wheat don’t all occur at the same time so all you can do is spray as close to mid flowering as you can.

Proline is seen as the best active so make sure this is in the tank in some form.

Thanks, probably going with Prosaro as usual, would a litre of Bravo as well be any help to give it a bit of contact protection?

Thanks, probably going with Prosaro as usual, would a litre of Bravo as well be any help to give it a bit of contact protection?

Many people will be doing the Bravo I think, I will on our dirtier wheat. It might keep protection going a bit longer especially where needed in dirty crops.

The crops are flowering.

What rate of Proline would you recommend J?. CTL isn't expensive and I'll be putting on a litre as well.

Anyone going with another bag of CAN on wheat? I've 180units/acre and might bring it up to just over 200.

Anyone going with another bag of CAN on wheat? I've 180units/acre and might bring it up to just over 200.

What stage of growth is it? I usually put out a late 25-30 units at flag leaf. You might be a little late but it’ll probably be washed in quick enough in this weather.

Not doing all the wheat just where it looks a bit hungry, yeah about 25 units, it's at about about gs 50.

Back