Todays Photo

I imagine u have to watch out for bales and watch the pickup be interesting on hilly fields, wouldn't mind giving one a try tho.
Was hoping to rig something up for this time but have probably run out of time now, thought it almost wants some form of sideshift for going across and corners. Like the idea of being able to do a field the way you want, sometimes a sloping field you want it done on a certain angle to make it easier for releasing bales and not having to organise someone to row up and then they can't come!!!

The rake is working nice and folds up very tidy for gateways. the first round of field is the hardest just turn off the baler on the corners and get those bits after. Bales need to be tipped by the hedge on the headland if nobody is drawing after u . I usually do 3 rounds of the field so bales don't get in the way. Output is around 45 an hour, was awkward at start to get it all set right and into the swing of it but now u do it without thinking . If a bale is in the way she folds up at a press of a button.all hydraulic driven 24ft wide. The tines just lift the grass and leaves the stones and cow dung after it ,i have also baled across the swarthes at right angles and the rake level out all the lumps in an even feed into the baler. Steep hills maybe a problem with the rake choking small hills are fine, there is also a frame with it to go on rear of tractor

The rake is working nice and folds up very tidy for gateways. the first round of field is the hardest just turn off the baler on the corners and get those bits after. Bales need to be tipped by the hedge on the headland if nobody is drawing after u . I usually do 3 rounds of the field so bales don't get in the way. Output is around 45 an hour, was awkward at start to get it all set right and into the swing of it but now u do it without thinking . If a bale is in the way she folds up at a press of a button.all hydraulic driven 24ft wide. The tines just lift the grass and leaves the stones and cow dung after it ,i have also baled across the swarthes at right angles and the rake level out all the lumps in an even feed into the baler. Steep hills maybe a problem with the rake choking small hills are fine, there is also a frame with it to go on rear of tractor
Great to hear a drivers opinion of one of these. Can u vary the swarth width for different crops ?

Great to see the grea crows there, gone awfully plentiful in the last few years. Whatever about the ordinary crow you must be a decent shot to get them boys their very wary.

I would be just okay but the lad I shoot with is very good. They were decoying really well today and we were ideally set up between two fields with meal troughs on another with silage stubble which had slurry a few days before. Hopefully have another go at them in a different field next weekend

I would be just okay but the lad I shoot with is very good. They were decoying really well today and we were ideally set up between two fields with meal troughs on another with silage stubble which had slurry a few days before. Hopefully have another go at them in a different field next weekend
I could do with you around the yard here there are a few nests in the shed and I have been attacked by the crows . They swoop down at speed and out with the claws and down onto the head,its damm sore and they can draw blood! 3 times this morning it has happened, I'll have to get a gun me thinks!

I could do with you around the yard here there are a few nests in the shed and I have been attacked by the crows . They swoop down at speed and out with the claws and down onto the head,its damm sore and they can draw blood! 3 times this morning it has happened, I'll have to get a gun me thinks!

APPARENTLY you cannot shoot the nests as they are considered sanctuary. Reach for the chainsaw instead and do some pruning

You couldn't have got much closer, whenever I'm up with him I think he has a lovely view and how different the place looks from up there, from Johns you'd swear the place was flat. Did he tell you the beet is the secret to his success?

Back