Tunes

I had the pleasure of attending the Queen concert in Marlay Park last summer . Now purist may say it's not Queen without Freddie , but Adam Lambert is brilliant in his own way . I thoroughly enjoyed singing along to the songs of a band I adored , and I knew the words of most songs .

Phil Lynott's mother passed away today.

I had intended to put something up but I'll just go with Lyrics as I cant find a link, a song he wrote entitled Philomena..
Lyrics
I've been a wild wild rover
Sailed all over the sea
But this thing that makes me wonder
Has made a fool of me
For it took me from my childhood
Underneath the stars and skies
And I still hear the wind
Whistling through the wild wood, whispering goodbye
It's home boys home
She's home boys home
No matter
Where I roam
If you see my mother
Please give her all of my love
For she has a heart of gold there
As good as God above
If you see my mother
Tell her I'm keeping fine
Tell her that I love her
And I'll try and write sometime

I had intended to put something up but I'll just go with Lyrics as I cant find a link, a song he wrote entitled Philomena..
Lyrics
I've been a wild wild rover
Sailed all over the sea
But this thing that makes me wonder
Has made a fool of me
For it took me from my childhood
Underneath the stars and skies
And I still hear the wind
Whistling through the wild wood, whispering goodbye
It's home boys home
She's home boys home
No matter
Where I roam
If you see my mother
Please give her all of my love
For she has a heart of gold there
As good as God above
If you see my mother
Tell her I'm keeping fine
Tell her that I love her
And I'll try and write sometime

Just been on the radio @Arthur, here you go:

Meant to post this earlier to get jf850 into the mood!!

Despite the rain , I got in the mood quite well . The Manic Street Preachers were good too.

surely" the oldest swinger in town" would have fitted the bill :smile:

Whom are you referring to as the oldest swinger in town ? Me or Jon Bon? He is a couple of years older than me .... Bruce Springsteen is 10 years older than Jon Bon, and a dynamo. .
Nothing about @muckymanor being at the same concert on Saturday night...

On the Declan Nerney , I could have seen him in Templemore last night . Only 10 mile away .Maybe Tippcon went . Not likely .

Despite the rain , I got in the mood quite well . The Manic Street Preachers were good too.

Whom are you referring to as the oldest swinger in town ? Me or Jon Bon? He is a couple of years older than me .... Bruce Springsteen is 10 years older than Jon Bon, and a dynamo. .
Nothing about @muckymanor being at the same concert on Saturday night...

On the Declan Nerney , I could have seen him in Templemore last night . Only 10 mile away .Maybe Tippcon went . Not likely .
ah sure mucky is only a chap :yes:, would jon bon blow up your hearing aid or do you turn it off :lol:

ah sure mucky is only a chap :yes:, would jon bon blow up your hearing aid or do you turn it off :lol:

About 2/3 of the way through the concert we fought our way out from where we were standing about 7 rows from the stage . We stayed back half way after that and the sound was much.better there , as opposed to "noise" at the front. I actually had ear plugs.

Some version of Live Forever at the end, raw talent. Jesus Gay Byrne was in a class of his own as an interviewer. This was the same night their father turned up in the hotel after the concert.

Back