King quad 400 or Grizzly 350,

windingroads

Hi everyone.
Looking at buying a Quad, personal use mainly on land, would like to pull a small trailer with logs cut from the hedges,
carry the saw fuel etc, just ground maintenance, fertilizer spreader and spray horse ground, only two or three acres, my own
so no hurry on.
Main concern is reliability, Second would be fuel economy.
I believe Suzuki King QuAd 400 would suit me, only worry would be that if I bought a Grizzly 350 I would avoid the
extra complexity of the Suzukl’s fuel injection system, also hear the Suzuki is a little more thirsty than the Grizzly so that kind negates the benefit of the injection system, and has me wondering if the Grizzly with slightly less power would be
A better better choice as less to go wrong through time.

Looking to hear your views on these two quads, thanks.

Hi everyone.
Looking at buying a Quad, personal use mainly on land, would like to pull a small trailer with logs cut from the hedges,
carry the saw fuel etc, just ground maintenance, fertilizer spreader and spray horse ground, only two or three acres, my own
so no hurry on.
Main concern is reliability, Second would be fuel economy.
I believe Suzuki King QuAd 400 would suit me, only worry would be that if I bought a Grizzly 350 I would avoid the
extra complexity of the Suzukl’s fuel injection system, also hear the Suzuki is a little more thirsty than the Grizzly so that kind negates the benefit of the injection system, and has me wondering if the Grizzly with slightly less power would be
A better better choice as less to go wrong through time.

Looking to hear your views on these two quads, thanks.

Hard to beat a Honda IMO, a friend has a Honda and it wouldn't get a lot of loving care but it just keeps going.

Hi Donegal Bay.
I had considered a Honda, but the new ones are not as good as the old ones, read of too
many issues with them, also seen it for myself, es problems, starters going in no time,
fuel pumps going with low hours, sensor problems, all putting them out of commission,
bad when under warranty, and too costly to repeat when warranty is up, just my experience.
The size of Quad I need in a Honda would be the 420, told it’s sluggish for the cc it has,
The old 450 was a more dependable machine.

Had a 450 here took us yrs to kill it.replaced it with a gator for safety reasons..all the new ones get expensive when out of warranty
Good old quad, seen a Honda 350 online, stoped making them 86 or so, permanent 4wd, huge cooling fan that started up un demand, never seen anything like it, yes, the new stuff can be costly for parts, but from what I see not many parts are needed on them, Honda seems to be the
exception, two family members work in sales and repair of all brands, and Honda have been consistently in for repair, second only to Polaris, that they dread to see coming. Arctic Cat are good, parts are order only else I would go for one.

Not many comments on which of the Quads I mention is best on fuel, see people comment on the
450 Yamaha, saying it wasn’t what they expected on fuel, a tad thirsty.

Not many comments on which of the Quads I mention is best on fuel, see people comment on the
450 Yamaha, saying it wasn’t what they expected on fuel, a tad thirsty.

Honda 500 here. Has a lot of hours and KM clocked up. Good solid engine in it. Replaced half the front suspension this year as the bushings were gone - but it has a hell of a lot of work done. Easy to get parts for it new or second hand.

I have one neighbour who had a honda 350 a few years back. He traded it for a suzuki (the version before the kind quad) and it broke his heart. He traded that after 2 years for a yamaha grizzly 350 and it ate parts - bushings, ball joints, wheel bearings. All when there was small hours on it. He's on a honda 420 this last 2 or 3 years and says that he won't move from honda again.

Replaced my piss poor Honda with a 500 can am,great bike seriously fast.
I think you made a wise choice there, that brand is doing well, reliable too. I know I sound like a Honda brasher, but they changed a good quad into one that has way too many issues, lighter frame is really the stupidest move ever, that won’t last like the older ones.

Honda 500 here. Has a lot of hours and KM clocked up. Good solid engine in it. Replaced half the front suspension this year as the bushings were gone - but it has a hell of a lot of work done. Easy to get parts for it new or second hand.

I have one neighbour who had a honda 350 a few years back. He traded it for a suzuki (the version before the kind quad) and it broke his heart. He traded that after 2 years for a yamaha grizzly 350 and it ate parts - bushings, ball joints, wheel bearings. All when there was small hours on it. He's on a honda 420 this last 2 or 3 years and says that he won't move from honda again.
I would take a Honda over the Suzuki eiger too, if I didn’t know they had a dodgy flywheel, that the magnets loosened on and ground into grinding past to take out the engine, but other than this serious issue, the eager had hi lo and super lo ranges, but if you didn’t change the flywheel you would indeed end up with one expensive pile of metal, no wonder he went back to Honda, and I can’t help thinking Honda’s recent issues are in part due to users or misusers, though the lighter chassis, and unfriendly reverse procedure and lack of separate front and back brakes is firmly honda’s bad judgement.

Interesting comment regarding the many parts the Yamaha needed, if the man was doing the same work with the other
quads he owned, then that doesn’t speak well for yummy longevity.

Id rather a gator or any side by side i think their far safer and give a farmer more options. We had both a quad and yamaha side by side in d states d side by side was used more. Handy when there was no jeep around and some1 needed twine or to go check irrigation systems we could bring oils and grease in d back safely

Id rather a gator or any side by side i think their far safer and give a farmer more options. We had both a quad and yamaha side by side in d states d side by side was used more. Handy when there was no jeep around and some1 needed twine or to go check irrigation systems we could bring oils and grease in d back safely

I’ve a relation who bought a gator purely because staff weren’t wearing helmets on the quad,I couldn’t manage without a quad as I’ve no dog for my seasonal sheep work.

I’ve a relation who bought a gator purely because staff weren’t wearing helmets on the quad,I couldn’t manage without a quad as I’ve no dog for my seasonal sheep work.
Anyone who won’t wear head protection on my watch would be gone, low intelligence is dangerous, got to go.

I know of lads that wouldnt even provide a helmet to their operators. A lad near me t boned a cow at about 25 mph 1 day and still wont wear a helmet

Would like a Polaris .but worried about back up.kubota is too heavy probably end up with another gator as can be taxed as a tractor and 16 yr olds can drive it on the road

Polaris are nice i used them in d states parts were easy got there though. I like d fact that doors can be put on aswell for extra safety and for winter if wanted

Electrics are poor on the newer hondas. The gear button and 2wd/4wd starts sticking. H
Honda do seem to have dropped the ball, all they had to do was keep making the old models that worked,
but I guess they thought they needed to go modern to keep up with the others, they should have kept it simple.

Polaris are nice i used them in d states parts were easy got there though. I like d fact that doors can be put on aswell for extra safety and for winter if wanted
Parts is one of two reasons not many buy Polaris here, I would scoop up a few older ones
if parts were available, keeping one as a backup, but no point when spares are too difficult
to get.

Parts is one of two reasons not many buy Polaris here, I would scoop up a few older ones
if parts were available, keeping one as a backup, but no point when spares are too difficult
to get.
Getting parts from the US shouldnt be too bad though, especially if you had a back up machine.

Back