Ford/New Holland

I was asked 17 k for a very straight blue roof 8240 recently . Near new tyres , decent lump of a Quicke loader and tractor would have been gone through by a reputable seller.

Loader worth 3.5k, new tyres 3k?? (Never get their value trading), it sounds to me to be a cheap enough tractor. A genuine blue roof, 8240 especially if a NH rather than Ford would be a rare enough item.

Cheap compared to this!!
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-7000/22513796

ZGE5ZDQ3ZDdiOTEwOWU3ZDY3NDQ3ZTFkMDY0OGRjNWN65DOAHTZdgAczqUG796D4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjkxNTU5NjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

What's the story with 1 picture, not that hard to take a few photos.
IMO some folk think one pic is enough and if your interested you ll phone and maybe view the machine.
The reality is however ,most people will treat ads with a single pic as suspicious , most likely a scam , or a vendor with a ridiculous price/value on the asset and doesnt really want/need to sell at all.

IMO some folk think one pic is enough and if your interested you ll phone and maybe view the machine.
The reality is however ,most people will treat ads with a single pic as suspicious , most likely a scam , or a vendor with a ridiculous price/value on the asset and doesnt really want/need to sell at all.

I went to look at a 7840 a few years ago that was keenly priced with a loader and bad pictures. Turns out loader was welded in a few spots to d chassis and couldnt be removed it was a dog of a homemade loader and gearbox needed a good refurb man got thick when he was told it was only fit for a breakers yard

The fact that the one above is still for sale shows there is something amiss, if it was was anyway fair a breaker would nearly give €7k for it

I went to look at a 7840 a few years ago that was keenly priced with a loader and bad pictures. Turns out loader was welded in a few spots to d chassis and couldnt be removed it was a dog of a homemade loader and gearbox needed a good refurb man got thick when he was told it was only fit for a breakers yard
Ya thats another reason for a one pic wonder ad.
The goods are a HOS
( Heap Of Shite ).

Ya thats another reason for a one pic wonder ad.
The goods are a HOS
( Heap Of Shite ).

Or i hate when lads take crap pictures at dusk pr blurry photos and when u ring and ask a lad about an item they dont want to tell u a thing only keep saying sure come look at it and ul know

Thats the job! I drive a neighbours one now and again , a 6410, lovely tractor but that hinge in the window drives me bananas!

I don't think it would open fully, u wud need serious gas struts to keep that length of glass up

I'd be thinking the same, the American version was actually a sliding window. Something similar as to what was on the later DB 995 / 1210s etc.

would any of ye know how to calibrate a tm165 PC? ours getting a bit rough lately shifting through the gears. is it the same calibration for the likes of a tm155 as i have a workshop manual for that or completely different.

Last edited:
would any of ye know how to calibrate a tm165 PC? ours getting a bit rough lately shifting through the gears. is it the same calibration for the likes of a tm155 as i have a workshop manual for that or completely different.
If you have a 155 manual it should give you the calibration procedure for RC and PC.

Back