What are you up to in the workshop?

The DD rings on the Horsch have cracked a bit more so we are using the Hiatus in Harvesting to take them off . Kellys have a Tool for dismantling and tensioning them on reassembleing them . The end has dished in releasing the tension. It will get new bearings.
View attachment 68760 View attachment 68761
Take a picture of the tool,what sort of acerage do you think you got out of them?or what sort of thickness are they new?

Take a picture of the tool,what sort of acerage do you think you got out of them?or what sort of thickness are they new?
It is only the end dish is badly worn where stubble catches on the frame and I think it has done somewhere over 3000 acres .

Fine looking job lad, did you have any problems with the trunk twisting when welding it? There was a lot of heat in it

Fine looking job lad, did you have any problems with the trunk twisting when welding it? There was a lot of heat in it
It was some bastard of a job had to keep tacking and twisting it and then when you. Got around to the far side I tacked it to a channel iron and welded it inside then.

Looks well, do you have any paint left over to paint the loader? :whistle:
She will have to earn her keep first haha

What was the hardest part, was it setting up the pivot points for the rams
Frame was the easy bit the trunks weren't easy.
The pivot points weren't easy either it was pure guesswork.
And my mig packed it in when we were at it was badly behaved for a few days and then went.

It was some bastard of a job had to keep tacking and twisting it and then when you. Got around to the far side I tacked it to a channel iron and welded it inside then.

And my mig packed it in when we were at it was badly behaved for a few days and then went.
Is your mig a jasic

I've a single phase kestra for sale at handy money if it interests you, working perfect , just not used since I changed to 3 phase.
Migs are like square balers, great when they going right but make u cry when they're not!

Is your mig a jasic
No I was going to buy a jasic but I bought an swp instead
I've a single phase kestra for sale at handy money if it interests you, working perfect , just not used since I changed to 3 phase.
Migs are like square balers, great when they going right but make u cry when they're not!
Shit I would have went for that as it was second hand I wanted but my man had no second hands the day I went in.
Oh mine wrecked my head the wire feed was getting really slow it couldn't keep up in the finish and eventually it just stopped along with the gas

No I was going to buy a jasic but I bought an swp instead

Shit I would have went for that as it was second hand I wanted but my man had no second hands the day I went in.
Oh mine wrecked my head the wire feed was getting really slow it couldn't keep up in the finish and eventually it just stopped along with the gas
Sounds like you need to change the liner to the torch

That would be a problem alright! What part of country you in, there's a lad based in swords that's serious at them and very handy on money too

Back