Combines

Same as a 66 I think but narrower tyres and the gear linkage removed and replaced with an electric system left them about 18 inches narrower.

It's either the same as a TX66 or TX68, rims usually turned the other way too.

I think I remember reading somewhere that there were only a handful sold new in the UK.

Has @nashmach got a head injury as he keeps posting pictures of yellow combines .

Normal service Bog Man :Whistle2::Whistle2:, before they turned green...

I thought Triaxle had traded in before I saw it only had a 12ft head...
https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/deutz-fahr-2680/22635461

ZjZjYWFkNmYyOWViNzk1YTdhNzMyZTdiMjY0ODA1ZTHrt4T3PaChnsS7QkJ-pakDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzAwNDYzNDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

When we were kids one summer my father got us to dismantle the old class combine and trusser. We had to save every shaft all the cogs and every nut and bolt. We had no angel grinder or gas . The shafts were made into grids for gulleys in the yard and are still there. We also dismantled the armer beet harvester . We were like those children you see working in dumps in third world countries.

When we were kids one summer my father got us to dismantle the old class combine and trusser. We had to save every shaft all the cogs and every nut and bolt. We had no angel grinder or gas . The shafts were made into grids for gulleys in the yard and are still there. We also dismantled the armer beet harvester . We were like those children you see working in dumps in third world countries.
my crew still do that only with gas ,great training

Back in the fifties my father had two of them Claas trailed combines. When they finish the harvest around Cork they used to drive the two of them up to north Tipperary and work there for a couple of weeks. Apparently a lot of combines used make that journey back then.
Did he pull them with Fordson Majors and was he a Mr C?

[="Mid cork, post: 638869, member: 6637"]Back in the fifties my father had two of them Claas trailed combines. When they finish the harvest around Cork they used to drive the two of them up to north Tipperary and work there for a couple of weeks. Apparently a lot of combines used make that journey back then.[/QUOTE]
My father and grandfather used to make that kind of journey from rosscarbery in west cork to west waterford and south Tipperary with claas combines in the late 50s and 60s

In most cases with ads like you mention ,

It's because the hours /mileage is a lot higher than average , and they.are looking for too much for it
Agreed, lads like that must just love fellas ringing for the chat though, you’re going to have the world of lads ringing up thinking maybe it’s going to suit them only to be told the hours and price are not that they’re after, why not just include those details and spare yourself pointless conversations.
Know the lad selling that machine. Based near Clonegal.
Presumably doing a lot of work to have gone modifying it to increase output on an already high output combine.

Agreed, lads like that must just love fellas ringing for the chat though, you’re going to have the world of lads ringing up thinking maybe it’s going to suit them only to be told the hours and price are not that they’re after, why not just include those details and spare yourself pointless conversations.
Presumably doing a lot of work to have gone modifying it to increase output on an already high output combine.
Guy would have some of the best corn yields in the country. That combine would have earned it keep there. When other lads were aiming for 4 ton of barley he was aiming for 5 ton. Serious player. think price is around 32-35k and hours are around 3-3.5k but a while since i seen it. He had a deutz 3640 before that one.

I had a look at the cx8060 in Jenkinsons, beautiful machine for a 08. Very reluctant to give me a price on it.
The seller is a man of few words, but I thought he'd be capable of pricing a machine that he has for sale.
What hours is on it?

Back