All of these things are leave:

No deal with the EU
1-page FTA
Complex FTA only in goods
Complex FTA mainly in goods (Canada)
Customs union (Turkey)
Complex bilaterals (Switzerland)
EFTA/EEA (Norway)

For the people who voted leave because they actually believed the things the leave campaign told them, no deal won't be what they ordered either.

Delivering brexit by no deal is like you'd finally persuaded your girlfriend to go for a threesome, and instead of bringing her hot friend like you were expecting, she brings your dad.

Brexit is going to end up something that nobody wants , on the surface it's going to look like we've left the EU but underneath were going to be tied to the EU abiding with all there rules and regulations of the but having no say in anything . The remainers that are hell bent on keeping us in the are making sure if that , and when it all goes through and were all getting pegged from behind there going to turn to us and say I told you so

were going to be tied to the EU abiding with all there rules and regulations of the but having no say in anything .

But that's the case with all international trade. If a Chinese company wants to sell into china they only have to comply with local law, but if they want to sell to the EU they have to comply with certain regulations and if they want to sell into the US they have to comply with another set of regulations. And china has little to no say in any of these regulations, the only time they may get any input is at the time of drafting a trade agreement their may be some concessions given in the horse trading.

The reality of international trade is might is right. You're big enough to dictate terms, or you're not. That's why the US and EU cannot agree a trade deal, they both think they're big enough to dictate the terms.

if a country/bloc wants to trade on preferential terms with another country/bloc then the have to abide by the customer's rules.

Does anyone else find it somewhat ironic that the people who wanted to stay in the EU are called remoaners and the people who wanted to leave brexiters?
When all the brexiteers do is complain and moan about the EU and how important they are to everything, not getting a fair deal ect ect ect.
BREXITEARS more like. Cry babies

When all the brexiteers do is complain and moan about the EU
Now that just isn't fair.

They have now much more moaning to do, the Parliamentary Democracy which has served the UK well for hundreds of years now should be destroyed at the alter of Brexit, the Judicial system and the Judiciary in the UK is suddenly not fit for purpose, the BBC which is the envy of most western world is now Biased. The EU is now low down on their list.

Brexit is going to end up something that nobody wants , on the surface it's going to look like we've left the EU but underneath were going to be tied to the EU abiding with all there rules and regulations of the but having no say in anything .

Can you tell me which particular EU rules you're looking forward to no longer obeying once brexit happens?

but anyway, don't you realise that if we want to sell so much as a pint of milk to the EU in future, then we'll have to abide by their rules in order to do so? if we leave without a deal, then the first thing we'll be doing on November the first is going to the EU to try and make a free trad deal with them, and any such deal will require some sort of concession and compromise from us. Unless you think we're going to simply stop trading with the EU completely, EU rules are always going to be relevant to us. and as you correctly point out, once we leave we'll have no say in them.

The remainers that are hell bent on keeping us in the are making sure if that ,

Gosh, how selfish of me to not want a situation that trashes the business i've spent the last 30 years building and means that my partner could be left without access to life saving medicine.

and when it all goes through and were all getting pegged from behind there going to turn to us and say I told you so

If you get the no deal outcome you're so keen on, you'll get used to hearing the phrase 'i told you so' .

No market in the UK for organic produce then ? No where else but Europe make drugs ?
I'm sure once the drug companies start losing out on a large market they'll not be long getting involved to change that .
What about the people in the overpopulated parts of the country that cant even see a doc because they cant get appointments, stuff them although obviously I'm not allowed to say that because I'll get branded a far right extremist . What laws I'm I looking forward to not obeying, well none obviously but who knows what they could force in us that well have no say in , maybe well soon all be driving on the right side of the road who knows

@BasilSeal, at this stage you sound like King Canute trying to hold back the tide with a spoon. The people voted to leave, revoking Article 50 is not going to happen. In all likelihood the government that results whenever an election happens will be even more hardline. All that results from the events of the last week is to hogtie your government's negotiating position and if there is a deal it will be a bad one bad for your country, you will have no say in the EU but still unable to negotiate free trade agreements with non-EU countries and will still have to pay into the EU and be subject to ECJ rulings for 8 years.
The whole remain side are being used by the institutions and people who benefit hugely from the EU with lucrative jobs and pensions, for them to vote to leave would be like barristers voting to end free legal aid, or indeed farmers to abolish the CAP.
If you don't want to reply that's fine, but if you do please don't write an essay that adresses none of my points. Tell us what you think should happen at this stage, now an election has been blocked what on earth is going to happen in parliament at the end of October, this supposedly impartial guy is out of control?

@BasilSeal, at this stage you sound like King Canute trying to hold back the tide with a spoon. The people voted to leave, revoking Article 50 is not going to happen. In all likelihood the government that results whenever an election happens will be even more hardline. All that results from the events of the last week is to hogtie your government's negotiating position and if there is a deal it will be a bad one bad for your country, you will have no say in the EU but still unable to negotiate free trade agreements with non-EU countries and will still have to pay into the EU and be subject to ECJ rulings for 8 years.
The whole remain side are being used by the institutions and people who benefit hugely from the EU with lucrative jobs and pensions, for them to vote to leave would be like barristers voting to end free legal aid, or indeed farmers to abolish the CAP.
If you don't want to reply that's fine, but if you do please don't write an essay that adresses none of my points. Tell us what you think should happen at this stage, now an election has been blocked what on earth is going to happen in parliament at the end of October, this supposedly impartial guy is out of control?

Jesus it's a circus in there. Bercow seems to have gone completely off the edge altogether. Its like a big game to him

Jesus it's a circus in there. Bercow seems to have gone completely off the edge altogether. Its like a big game to him
Key thing is he stays in the seat till 31/10, and the current parliament will nominate his successor, ensuring another remainer while using up valuable time in the last week of October.

I dunno what I'm going to do when it's all over. it's been some great TV watching the madness of parliment.

I think if the UK ever do actually get around to leaving that Bercrow's role will actually have been quite important. Nobody can say that Brexit didnt get the full scrutiny of the house of commons. I think it would be much more damaging to have just left in some sort of quick and easy manner. If all that can be talked has been talked before the departure then it makes that departure more solid. It is far better to drag out the departure by a year and have it done solidly than it is to have done it quickly and be contested after the fact.

I dunno what I'm going to do when it's all over. it's been some great TV watching the madness of parliment.

I think if the UK ever do actually get around to leaving that Bercrow's role will actually have been quite important. Nobody can say that Brexit didnt get the full scrutiny of the house of commons. I think it would be much more damaging to have just left in some sort of quick and easy manner. If all that can be talked has been talked before the departure then it makes that departure more solid. It is far better to drag out the departure by a year and have it done solidly than it is to have done it quickly and be contested after the fact.
I realise that the game of politics is being played by both sides, it's the amateur theatrics that kill me, it reduces such serious matters to farce. UK politics is crying out for someone of real substance and character, if Labour had the right leader over the past few years they'd have taken parliament in a general election and averted Brexit by now.

I realise that the game of politics is being played by both sides, it's the amateur theatrics that kill me, it reduces such serious matters to farce. UK politics is crying out for someone of real substance and character, if Labour had the right leader over the past few years they'd have taken parliament in a general election and averted Brexit by now.

Very true about labour leadership. The lack of opposition is partly to blame for this mess.
Just look at the last time the tories were in government on their own.
They were going from scandal to scandal like now. Blair won a landslide and the tories lost nearly 200 seats

Last edited:

To be fair to @BasilSeal , Brexit has not happened yet.

There is certainly no guarantee that Brexit will happen either.

In the meantime, he is merely arguing why Brexit should not happen and has every right to do so.

Time will whether or not Brexit will happen.

As we have seen ad nauseum - there are no guarantees when it comes to politics.
In order to secure votes and more importantly to secure the future of a country, politicians will back peddle & laws will be changed.

To be fair to @BasilSeal , Brexit has not happened yet.

There is certainly no guarantee that Brexit will happen either.

In the meantime, he is merely arguing why Brexit should not happen and has every right to do so.

Time will whether or not Brexit will happen.

As we have seen ad nauseum - there are no guarantees when it comes to politics.
In order to secure votes and more importantly to secure the future of a country, politicians will back peddle & laws will be changed.
I'm sure he can speak for himself.

at this stage you sound like King Canute trying to hold back the tide with a spoon

Cnut didn't think he could hold back the tide, he stood on the shore and ordered the sea not to come in as a demonstration to his fawning courtiers that he was not all powerful.

The people voted to leave,

they voted to leave the political union, and they did so based on promises made by the leave campaign, here are some of those promises:

Oddly enough, now they've got leave over the line, the goalposts have moved, and now only a no deal brexit is the real deal. When they've got that, no doubt they'll only be happy when the UK has been towed into the middle of the Atlantic.

All that results from the events of the last week is to hogtie your government's negotiating position and if there is a deal it will be a bad one bad for your country,

what deal do you think they were going to get? one where the EU undermine the integrity of their own single market and pretend that WTO rules don't apply to the UK? This is deluded fantasy, i very much doubt even boris himself thought it was possible, the no deal blustering was far more likely to be for the benefit of MPs, to get them to vote through some cosmetically altered version of May's deal, most likely with a NI only backstop.

The whole remain side are being used by the institutions and people who benefit hugely from the EU

Has it occurred to you that the leave side are being used by people who benefit from Brexit?

for them to vote to leave would be like barristers voting to end free legal aid, or indeed farmers to abolish the CAP

Or, you know, perhaps they're people doing their job and voting in a way that they feel is in the best interests of the country and the constituents they represent.

If you don't want to reply that's fine, but if you do please don't write an essay that adresses none of my points.

Do you think the only people who can see your posts are you and I? you can choose to lie or misrepresent what i've said if you want, and other people can read what both of us have written and judge for themselves who is being the most reasonable, and indeed reasoned.

Tell us what you think should happen at this stage, now an election has been blocked what on earth is going to happen in parliament at the end of October,

I don't think an election will necessarily decide brexit, we could simply end up back where we are with no party having a majority. The election we had in 2017 was supposed to resolve this, and instead created a stalemate. this stalemate was the democratic will of the UK people however. rather than make an election which ought to be about all issues an election focused solely on brexit, and forcing people to choose between a no deal brexit and a Corbyn govt, have a referendum, preferably where the leave option is clearly outlined and the result is legally binding so that there are real consequences to the sort of illegal activity that would have rendered the 2016 one nul and void if it had been binding.

what's the problem with having another vote, if you are convinced that brexit is really what the majority want?

If you don't want a Corbyn govt you can vote for the Lib Dems, they are bound to capitalise on the Labour u-turn. We are where we are, an election is inevitable now, another extension is pointless, it is the uncertainty that is doing most damage to your economy at this stage. Britain has always had a resilient pro-business economy and will come out the other end of this in better shape than Europe. Look at the state of the main EU countries, their tax burdens and dependency ratios. The world won't end after Halloween.
Politicians from leave constituencies who are doing everything possible to stop brexit are hardly representing their electorate very well.
I don't know where you get the idea that I lie or misrepresent. Just because you disagree with me does not mean that.

Back