Beef plan

Can't see farmers leaving protests this time. They got nothing the last time.

Cormac was wheeled out again today.

maybe not, but how long can farmers hold off killing cattle. I have killed little or nothing over the last month, during the break in strikes, I didnt kill many, as pointless booking in cattle for 10 days time when you didnt know if there was going to be a protest or not. Cattle have to start moving as growth rates and weather cant sustain summer numbers. many beef farmers would be similar. I can wait for money, but I can chat it out with the weather.

For beef farming as a whole, getting as many killed as possible before the 28th of October the better, as things could be very different for along time afterwards

Where do we go to now following yesterday's non event?

Factories seem resigned that they are going to starve the farmers out with this morning's statement.

At this stage, it's going to have to be all or nothing. Shut down the retail distribution centres completely and let the retailers and the public put pressure on the factories when there is no food on the shelves!

Where do we go to now following yesterday's non event?

Factories seem resigned that they are going to starve the farmers out with this morning's statement.

At this stage, it's going to have to be all or nothing. Shut down the retail distribution centres completely and let the retailers and the public put pressure on the factories when there is no food on the shelves!
I have cattle to kill and could do with selling them but fully agree. Nothing will be moving.

I think that Beef Plan or whatever other group is representing the farmers is that they will have to take money/price off the agenda as I think that there at least two forces that influence this, competition rules and the market. I think if they hit hard on the age limits and for full and utter transparency on the grid/grading they will get somewhere.

I've only just copped that when Joe healy says MII needs to get down of their high horse(he's said this to the media a couple of times now) he's giving them a dig about horse gate.

I think that Beef Plan or whatever other group is representing the farmers is that they will have to take money/price off the agenda as I think that there at least two forces that influence this, competition rules and the market. I think if they hit hard on the age limits and for full and utter transparency on the grid/grading they will get somewhere.
I think farmers wont be satisfied until full transparency from retail back to producer is shown, at normal kill levels for this time of year there is €5 million a week less for farmers than last year on the Irish kill alone, if this is being replicated across Europe as we are led to believe that is a lot of money going somewhere other than the consumers pocket.

I think farmers wont be satisfied until full transparency from retail back to producer is shown, at normal kill levels for this time of year there is €5 million a week less for farmers than last year on the Irish kill alone, if this is being replicated across Europe as we are led to believe that is a lot of money going somewhere other than the consumers pocket.

Is there any other food sector or industry where there is full transparency?

Where were competition rules when slaney was being bought? Or Dunbia for that matter. What are the competition rules in place for the processing and sale of offal in this country?

The competition authority seems to only raise its head when it suits them

Where were competition rules when slaney was being bought? Or Dunbia for that matter. What are the competition rules in place for the processing and sale of offal in this country?

The competition authority seems to only raise its head when it suits them
from reading a piece online, CPCC arent too sure themselves of what they are, and are not allow do. They told the IFA to talk to their legal rep and get their interpretation of the laws. That doesnt sound like a bunch of guys on top of their brief. Surely if you ask the governing authority for a clarification on a point, they should be able to sing it off.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/independent-farmers-to-take-on-dublin-with-tractor-protest/
I don’t think this will go down too well, public perception of farmers in general is not great at the moment anyway, if this causes havoc it just backfire. After all how public think farmers are giving them cancer with roundup, pollution waterways and causing climate change, I’m not so sure how this will end up. Eating habits have changed also.

There has been a lot of stuff in mainstream media in support of farmers in the last week or 2. If Independent Farmers got their PR right, it could be a good thing.
I think that they would gain a lot more by shutting down or curtailing supermarket distribution centres so that supermarkets worried a bit about supplies.

Should get themselves kitted out in green outfits and make a few sinn Fein posters to carry around. If they thought you were going to change your vote they'll soon be on your side.

Should get themselves kitted out in green outfits and make a few sinn Fein posters to carry around. If they thought you were going to change your vote they'll soon be on your side.

If they go to Dublin, it will be political. SF released a paper on their stance with regard to the beef protest today - Brian Stanley has been sharing it across beef plan and independent farmer facebook pages. Expect every other political party and independent td or potential td to do something along the same line. It'll be a big day for publicity for these guys.

Was it in the 50s that last time anything was achieved when farmers marched to Dublin. Was anything even achieved back then?

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/independent-farmers-to-take-on-dublin-with-tractor-protest/
I don’t think this will go down too well, public perception of farmers in general is not great at the moment anyway, if this causes havoc it just backfire. After all how public think farmers are giving them cancer with roundup, pollution waterways and causing climate change, I’m not so sure how this will end up. Eating habits have changed also.
If the likes of the Extinction Rebellion crowd decide to launch a counter-protest the shit will really hit the fan, who do you think is going to garner more support from Joe Public if the streets are blocked up? I can't see how anyone would think alienating consumers is a good idea, what exactly is the ordinary man on the street supposed to do about it, write to his local TD and tell him he wants to see the price of beef increase on the supermarket shelves immediately?

If the likes of the Extinction Rebellion crowd decide to launch a counter-protest the shit will really hit the fan, who do you think is going to garner more support from Joe Public if the streets are blocked up? I can't see how anyone would think alienating consumers is a good idea, what exactly is the ordinary man on the street supposed to do about it, write to his local TD and tell him he wants to see the price of beef increase on the supermarket shelves immediately?
Independent Farmers Ireland were very quick to distance themselves from talk of these protests today, I can't see anything of them happening once Farmers realise they're not being backed by this move.

Back