case cvx's

Got a 08 cvx 195, the handbrake seems to be Not releasing sometimes after trying to go forward or backwards. Anyone any ideas where to start Can’t even find the handbrake is it a transmission brake?
The park lock is on the pinion shaft inside, no sgr error when it happens I take it?? Does it make a difference when warm or cold?

Front axle on the tvt needs a few bits doing.
Im trying to gather as much info as I can before I go at it.
It's floppy for all the world there's, no force behind it like when you take off at a junction the suspension could go full travel.
It gives the odd nod when stopped could decide to go up fully and then all the way down.
Finally she is after starting to click slightly locking on with thr 4wd on.
I know it the hangers is there any fix before it gets bad?

Front axle on the tvt needs a few bits doing.
Im trying to gather as much info as I can before I go at it.
It's floppy for all the world there's, no force behind it like when you take off at a junction the suspension could go full travel.
It gives the odd nod when stopped could decide to go up fully and then all the way down.
Finally she is after starting to click slightly locking on with thr 4wd on.
I know it the hangers is there any fix before it gets bad?
The newer type hangers are adjustable so the click can be taken out by screwing the caps in, if its the older type where the caps are held in with a circlip then you might be able to put a shim behind the circlip to take out the side to side movement. I know Case don't do parts for the older type you have to have the newer type kit to convert it, whether HES do parts I don't know. If the suspension isn't coming up on times or randomly going up and down then replace the rubber sensor drive disk first, think we've said about these before? Make sure there's no end float on the top wishbone, it'll wear the rubber if the wishbone is constantly moving forwards and backwards, there's thrust washers available to put in to take out any play.

The park lock is on the pinion shaft inside, no sgr error when it happens I take it?? Does it make a difference when warm or cold?

It doesn't seem to make any difference if it is warm or cold
It does bring up error codes some times when you start it, but has done for a while
I think SGR might be one of the codes it sometimes brings up and something like FMGR as well

If you start the tractor and select forward it will either drive away as normal or the transmission just strains when you press the throttle
If it starts and drives away it seems to be alright as long as you don't let the handbrake come back on

Do you have a diagram of the handbrake system and what would you check

It was me........................

Only teasing, it wasn't me either!!!:tongue:
It doesn't seem to make any difference if it is warm or cold
It does bring up error codes some times when you start it, but has done for a while
I think SGR might be one of the codes it sometimes brings up and something like FMGR as well

If you start the tractor and select forward it will either drive away as normal or the transmission just strains when you press the throttle
If it starts and drives away it seems to be alright as long as you don't let the handbrake come back on

Do you have a diagram of the handbrake system and what would you check
Can you get the codes for us? It may be a faulty solenoid or the valve itself, the early ones were prone to sticking, the one here wouldn't put the park lock on when it was warm, turned out there was a newer type valve. Might be worth swapping the solenoid's over just to see, that valve is double acting so has two coils on it, might be a case the tractor thinks the lock has come off but hasn't!! Don't think it move if it thought it was still engaged. The valve block is inside the plastic cover on the side of the transmission, easy enough to get at anyway, think the park lock is nearest the back, all the other valves have one coil on so should be obvious. Make sure to swap the plugs over too!

Cool, 1000 word review after? :lol: I was in Gorey today and it crossed my mind to go up. What hours are on it?

Condition is better than it should be for the hours. 12200hrs

A pureist would make a very nice unit of it, mechanically 100%, front axle is tight, no error codes, idles well, bits of bodywork to be sharpened up. It is basically off farm as i saw it, not been valeted.

Buckets of power. Every pony still in the stable.

Would make a super tractor on a pair of mowers. Its been a while since i drove one and you’d forget how nimble they are.

Condition is better than it should be for the hours. 12200hrs

A pureist would make a very nice unit of it, mechanically 100%, front axle is tight, no error codes, idles well, bits of bodywork to be sharpened up. It is basically off farm as i saw it, not been valeted.

Buckets of power. Every pony still in the stable.

Would make a super tractor on a pair of mowers. Its been a while since i drove one and you’d forget how nimble they are.
@Profi Farmer get her bought

Back