Grab or Fork

lough

Which would be the best to buy, the one with the grab or the one without. Main jobs would be loading seaweed and would they be suitable for feeding bales in a slatted shed.

upload_2019-9-13_23-4-56.jpeg

upload_2019-9-13_23-6-43.jpeg

All depends what you want doing with the bales
If your shaking them out then grab all the way.
Problem with grabs s needing to hitch and unhitch the pipes every time

For bales the grab is the only one. You can shake out the bales with it which is very handy. For picking up seaweed I would imagine the grab would be very handy as well.

I have both here a 4ft grab and a 4ft fork I never use the fork tbh the grab is just so much more usefull when feeding out bales or loading bales its easier to hold the bales from saging . Even for dung bushes trees loads more uses and ul bring more material in a grab than a fork

Grab all the way.

As others said. Holding and shaking any kind of a bale.

Moving branches or scrub. We don’t have cattle anymore but still wouldn’t be without the silage grab.

I’m still waiting on @ithastopay ‘s second installment of the Cork fixing everything with twine & visegrips series :lol:

Bought this manure fork this morning. Ex display but value compared to some quotes I got. Wangled a jacket in too. A grab would've been nice but new is dear and don't have time to trawl 2nd hand.
View attachment 73810

There is no bargains in 2nd hand grabs, anyone ones that are cheap, the rams are rusted, bent tines, missing tines, the new ones aren't dear when you compare them.

There is no bargains in 2nd hand grabs, anyone ones that are cheap, the rams are rusted, bent tines, missing tines, the new ones aren't dear when you compare them.
I was afraid of the quality of some of the cheaper brands of tine grabs though.

I have both here a 4ft grab and a 4ft fork I never use the fork tbh the grab is just so much more usefull when feeding out bales or loading bales its easier to hold the bales from saging . Even for dung bushes trees loads more uses and ul bring more material in a grab than a fork

same here , have both here and never use the fork. Bought a second hand grab and it’s the best thing ever.

Was going to say the same!
A grab is usually retired when it's beyond repairing!!

I think you can say the same with a lot of front loader attachments. Looking at wider buckets here and It's the same story.

Stay clear of rossmore buckets anyway! 7ft one here with near no use has rusted out

same here when we got the tractor dad got new rossmore bucket 5ft. When our tractor was delivered it came with a 4ft quickie bucket untill the other bucket came into dealer. The 4ft Quickie held more than the Rossmore much deeper and nicer designed with more crowd and deeper on the base it didn't spill as much. The paint work isnt good on the Rossmore When I upgrade I’d like to get a 6ft Quickie

Bought the 6ft quicke bucket a few weeks back. Happy with it, went for the lighter one and didn't think we needed the heavy duty one.

There’s a 7ft here that’s 13 yrs old that’s taken dogs abuse still in great nick . Inch blade on it with little wear .
One here will be 15 years this year. As i said little to no work and its more like a sieve than a bucket at this stage.

One here will be 15 years this year. As i said little to no work and its more like a sieve than a bucket at this stage.
30 yr old 7' Quicke here, wouldn't be overworked but still in perfect condition. It's sister sheargrab still on the go too got a new tine barrel 4 years ago, original cutting edge.

It's probably the steel, I have a link box that I got made and it's full of holes as well even though it is kept in the shed every night. The old one lay outside all this time and is in the same condition as the day it was left there. The new one, if you battered it with the hammer, a big flake of rust would fall of it.

I think you can say the same with a lot of front loader attachments. Looking at wider buckets here and It's the same story.

Haven't done much on it at all to be honest, a good second hand would be more than good enough for what it would do here but they are very scarce. We have an older 4ft bucket which had lots of welding and plating which we use for the rougher type work, picking stones, drawing filling etc.

A 6ft would probably be ideal given the loader type and size of tractor.

Back