Injector Servicing

Sull

Just about to hit 200k miles on my 04 Landcruiser. Hasn't been a bit of bother so far and would like to keep it that way!
Think I owe her the treat of getting the injectors inspected and serviced. No issues as such i think just time to give her the once over...
Can anyone recommend who to deal with in Tipp\Lmk area??
TIA....

Just about to hit 200k miles on my 04 Landcruiser. Hasn't been a bit of bother so far and would like to keep it that way!
Think I owe her the treat of getting the injectors inspected and serviced. No issues as such i think just time to give her the once over...
Can anyone recommend who to deal with in Tipp\Lmk area??
TIA....
I've had injectors serviced at ten thousand hour intervals and I can't say I've noticed any difference afterwards. If your fuel is clean and water free you shouldn't have any trouble. If you want to spend money prolonging your injectors lives I'd buy 10 micron filters and a water filter for your bulk storage tank ( if you have one.). What you buy from the filling stations is just luck.

id be dropping the sump first and cleaning the oil suction filter but at 200k you might be doing that already, there is special washers for the lc injectors to stop carbon build up and not everybody stocks them

Another +1 for dropping the small sump and checking the oil pick up for sludge.

It's the issue that'll brick your engine.

If you find anything much, then change your injector seat copper washers.

Edit: another issue is the intake manifold coking up with crap from the egr/vapour system. If you are tackling injectors, be prepared to have to strip and clean the intake.

Last edited:
There common rail engines aren't they?. A friend of mine recently had his '10 Toyota conk out at half 2 in the morning at the other end of the country after an injector failed. Got it fixed and a couple of weeks later another injector failed and again it conked out without warning. Luckily he was just leaving his house the 2nd time. He has 225k miles on it now. Reckons he's gained a few mpg as well since the 4 injectors were changed.

Back