Grain prices

Can someone remind me, who owns the agribusiness division? I know it was not included in a spinoff.

So could one argue that the PLC are using this to raise the valuation for a future sale to the coop?

The whole thing with these topups sucks, pay the best price you can and customers will come or not. If independents both big and small can do it why can't the biggest grain purchaser in the country do it?

I'd Also like to know how committed are they really. They have outsourced a lot of drying and grain storage in recent years.

I should also say that inputs bought by a member of a purchasing group are either not counted or discounted by a % when calculating the 'loyalty' bonus. How they can get away with that kind of pricing structure by hiding behind co-operative rules is beyond me.

Can someone remind me, who owns the agribusiness division? I know it was not included in a spinoff.

So could one argue that the PLC are using this to raise the valuation for a future sale to the coop?

The whole thing with these topups sucks, pay the best price you can and customers will come or not. If independents both big and small can do it why can't the biggest grain purchaser in the country do it?

I'd Also like to know how committed are they really. They have outsourced a lot of drying and grain storage in recent years.
the co op bought the agri division 2 yrs ago (or were lumbered with it ) against most members wishes but it was thrown in when a few bob was on offer so they voted for it

the co op bought the agri division 2 yrs ago (or were lumbered with it ) against most members wishes but it was thrown in when a few bob was on offer so they voted for it

My mistake, I remember that now the PLC were delighted to be rid of a low margin business no doubt....

I was. Loading Wheat yesterday and I asked for the number of the truck and it was a 192 . It may not have cost €200K but the blower trailer was fairly new. What paid for it was hauling imported loads from the ports. You would want to be off your head to deal with Glanbia at harvest. I have found them good payers if they are short of grain in the Spring.

The lad I sometimes drive for Noons transport, says Glanbia are very difficult to work for. If diesel drops in price their rates get cut over night but if diesel goes up it could be weeks before they get an increase in rates. There is always arguments about mileage and some loads he never gets payed for. But it is constant work and about 85% of his work is with the mill in Portlaoise.

Walsh's in Kilkenny are supposedly flat out making foodstuffs for Glanbia with their own mills blockaded. Glanbia are somehow tied in with Walsh's in Grassland.
Another place to picket or buy fertiliser elsewhere?

I'm off on the beer, €1 / ton, the grain committee were easy bought.

Was anybody listening to people on the ground, it wasn't the shareholders price was the big issue but the non shareholders prices....

I thought someone had a misprint somewhere earlier.:rolleyes2:

I sold 250 tons, part of a larger group sale, forward last Christmas to CR Wynnes, I supplied 260 ton, some had poorish KPH, no problem, took the very good with the very average.
I was hoping to get €43,000.00 odd after deductions, I got €45,000.00 odd. Very pleased, a pleasure dealing with them.

I sold 250 tons, part of a larger group sale, forward last Christmas to CR Wynnes, I supplied 260 ton, some had poorish KPH, no problem, took the very good with the very average.
I was hoping to get €43,000.00 odd after deductions, I got €45,000.00 odd. Very pleased, a pleasure dealing with them.
Nice to hear. Their harvest price normally isn't much to write home about if I'm right? I didn't hear their price this year though. They are close to us and we buy a small bit of meal from them but only ever supplied a load or two of barley . A couple of neighbours work there and it seems to be a good place to deal with for farmers and workers.

Nice to hear. Their harvest price normally isn't much to write home about if I'm right? I didn't hear their price this year though. They are close to us and we buy a small bit of meal from them but only ever supplied a load or two of barley . A couple of neighbours work there and it seems to be a good place to deal with for farmers and workers.
I'd say their base price wouldn't make you up, but they are willing to do deals.

Well done. As a supplier to them, I’d hold them in very high regard.

Well done. As a supplier to them, I’d hold them in very high regard.

Very high standards . A Haulier told me delivering grain from CR Wynnes to. Other mills he never got turned back because of insect or infestations but he had from every other merchants store.

Very high standards . A Haulier told me delivering grain from CR Wynnes to. Other mills he never got turned back because of insect or infestations but he had from every other merchants store.
They asked us not to come back with any more of our poor spring barley at the tail end of harvest 2012. As a result we started buying cattle feed from them the following winter and have done so each winter since. Except for premium contracts elsewhere they got all our grain this year and paid a respectable price agreed this week. A pleasure to deal with.

Back