Forestry Premium Under Review

leeside11

Have a plantation planted with the last nine years. No problem with premiums up to 4 years ago but a "horse owner" was getting into the area planted and it failed an inspection. Got the guy out with some help but I'm into my third year without any premiums. Anyone had this situation happen..

Have a plantation planted with the last nine years. No problem with premiums up to 4 years ago but a "horse owner" was getting into the area planted and it failed an inspection. Got the guy out with some help but I'm into my third year without any premiums. Anyone had this situation happen..
This is a legal situation. Contact your solicitor and your local TD. You'll have to fight it and you need professionals to do this.

Your problem i am guessing is it is suppose to be enclosed forestry in which case it is upto you to maintain the boundary fences. It sounds more like a civil case in court against the horse owner but that is a money sucking pit in legal fees

Finally got this sorted, passed inspection and will be getting payments. Thinking of selling it atm, (after all the hassle), anyone have any idea of value of approx 35 acres with 10 years of premiums left on it.

Ballpark figure of €3000/ acre, if it's got ash maybe less if there is any sign of dieback.

Back