phones

I am on an I phone 8 for the last year or more. I find them a great phone. Previous to this 8 I had a 6 and a 4 before that. I have it in an otter box case and it has been dropped so many time. Many times from good heights and over all 3 I phones I had over the last 6 years I have never even broken a screen or had to leave any of them in for repairs. I use it for a lot of internet use to so wouldn’t be with out it.

I had IPhone 4,5 & 7 bought a Huawei P30 this year as the battery life in the iPhone had my head wrecked. I'll be changing back in the next few months, this has a great battery, brilliant camera and the big screen is much easier use, you wouldn't go back to a small phone but I don't find the android lay out user friendly in comparison to the iPhone and I miss iTunes, don't think Spotify is as good.

Everyone seems to be i phone, I'm looking for android suggestions.
Have only ever had Samsung smart phones, have the current one 2 or 3 years, if I was changing I'd go same again. I only ever had Nokia's before that. I don't like change.

Need a new phone, my supposedly bombproof one dropped a few feet today and wont turn on or take a charge, built in battery so guessing some contact inside is broken, what Android ones are best of the recent lot?
Any midrange android will be perfect, or even a flagship one from a couple of years ago. The playing field has really leveled out. Most high end androids have to differentiate themselves with oled screens and multiple camera setups, just not necessary for a functional phone.

Just make sure that you have enough memory on the phone you choose.

Any midrange android will be perfect, or even a flagship one from a couple of years ago. The playing field has really leveled out. Most high end androids have to differentiate themselves with oled screens and multiple camera setups, just not necessary for a functional phone.

Just make sure that you have enough memory on the phone you choose.
Went at the bottom of the range in the end, unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 7A , good reviews and does all the basics.

I had an Xcover 3 until it met a sad end a few months ago due to my stupidity, I've an Xcover 4 now. I find them functional phones for calls/texts and good enough for light internet use.

Went at the bottom of the range in the end, unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 7A , good reviews and does all the basics.
New phone is doing the business, my usage would be light enough but never had 3 days out of a battery charge 'till now, nicer in the pocket than it's predecessor and a better camera and a few more details.:Thumbp2:

Anyone know a way to get contacts list off a i phone to put on another type/make of phone? They won't go on to the sim card by looks or i'm thick!!

Anyone know a way to get contacts list off a i phone to put on another type/make of phone? They won't go on to the sim card by looks or i'm thick!!
Last time I had to do it I had to sync the contacts to gmail and then down load them back to the android, it was a complete pain in the ass but was the only way I could get it to do it :curse::curse:

What types of phones? You can bluetooth sometimes or download an app that will sync them. Sometimes on a new phone it will take you through steps on doing it at startup either.

Worst case you can back them up to the cloud and download again to the new phone

Last time I had to do it I had to sync the contacts to gmail and then down load them back to the android, it was a complete pain in the ass but was the only way I could get it to do it :curse::curse:
Would you have to do that individually or can it be done in one go?
What types of phones? You can bluetooth sometimes or download an app that will sync them. Sometimes on a new phone it will take you through steps on doing it at startup either.

Worst case you can back them up to the cloud and download again to the new phone
The i phone is a 5s to a Samsung, borrowed the Samsung when i dropped mine and cracked the screen. Thought the Samsung was better after getting used to it, does what you want when you want, battery lasts longer and best of all it doesn't switch itself off when it feels like it!!!:curse:

The i phone is a 5s to a Samsung, borrowed the Samsung when i dropped mine and cracked the screen. Thought the Samsung was better after getting used to it, does what you want when you want, battery lasts longer and best of all it doesn't switch itself off when it feels like it!!!:curse:
Not the handiest but still very manageable. You should have an iCloud account with apple. Login to it on your computer, download the contacts in a vcf file to your computer.

On your Samsung you might be linked to a google account? If so login to that account on your computer, import the VCF file of contacts to google and that should then sync with your phone.

Not as complicated as it sounds. A phone repair shop would go through it with you if there is one near

Spent a wet Saturday morning transfering numbers from the old phone to sim ,to the new phone then deleting the sim then back to the old phone for the next batch ,5 trips :cry: my fault for still working with antique phones its a good job they last for 5 or 6 years.

It brought all across in one go thankfully but it was a bit of a pain. Especially when the iPhone gave up( wouldn’t charge at all) at 11 one night and I needed it the next morning going away, so was up till about 3am by the time I worked it out. Had it all sorted woke up the next morning and the iPhone was sitting there fully charged as if nothing had happened :censored::curse:

I have an I phone something here, not a number, maybe a S? smaller and fits in your pocket better.

what could I change to I like the I phone set up, but not the updates and shortening battery life. are all the others android?

I have an I phone something here, not a number, maybe a S? smaller and fits in your pocket better.

what could I change to I like the I phone set up, but not the updates and shortening battery life. are all the others android?
Must the SE, same internals as the 6 in body of a 5.

Must the SE, same internals as the 6 in body of a 5.

yep that's it was a great phone but last update has killed the battery, tried a few things but nothing will bring it back to what it was the day before update.

I think it will be the second and last iPhone, even though I like the setup.

Not the handiest but still very manageable. You should have an iCloud account with apple. Login to it on your computer, download the contacts in a vcf file to your computer.

On your Samsung you might be linked to a google account? If so login to that account on your computer, import the VCF file of contacts to google and that should then sync with your phone.

Not as complicated as it sounds. A phone repair shop would go through it with you if there is one near
Cheers i'll give it a go when I get a minute, don't know of a repair shop local, all we got here is a chip shop!!

Back