Tirlán (glanbia)

the one cent or whatever each month that comes from the co op to top up the base price. It is effectively our own money topping us up
Kinda is and not. There was a time that money was from the spin out of shares. But now it more to do with the farmer getting his share of the profit from the co op. I think it totally wrong the way we get it as it allows the plc under pay for milk and forces the co op to make up balance. That profit should be coming back as a 13 payment

Our trading bonus and top up bonus on milk supplied came to .75 cent /litre last yr and was not included in the KPMG audit .the glanbia bord member was right up to a point but he was still the guts of a cent out

I'd say it will be more this year due to them being very uncompetitive on input prices

They are after dropping meal prices by 30 odd euro the last month, before that even with the trading bonus they where dearer than independent Millers for worse quality rations, that's the thinking behind the new fixed scheme to tie up more business...
Would love to know how many suppliers are signed up for calf to beef scheme, my main calf buyer who was taking 60 plus calves a year is gone into it

They are after dropping meal prices by 30 odd euro the last month, before that even with the trading bonus they where dearer than independent Millers for worse quality rations, that's the thinking behind the new fixed scheme to tie up more business...
Would love to know how many suppliers are signed up for calf to beef scheme, my main calf buyer who was taking 60 plus calves a year is gone into it

They are saying that particular scheme is oversubscribed :scratchhead:

Isn't it quite sad nowadays - hold a pint of milk in one hand and think, would it be possible to give the producer that one cent on the floor you couldn't be bother to bend down to pick up as it has so little value.

Its bloody demoralising

No but you can get coffee, teabags, washing powder and flowers. Ask any of the staff about sprays though and you would get more advice in a sweatshop.

To be fair and give credit where it's due Kevin in Goresbridge and Gerry in Graigcullen would be as helpful as possible. I don't think they are qualified crop advisors so might not be able to help or allowed to give advice about sprays, I'm sure there are people further up the food chain for that.

Back