Remote switching of yard lights

Cjmc

hi all,
Have just installed a light pole in the yard with 2 400w lights pointing in different directions.
Yard is a couple of miles from the house, so was wondering is there any way to remotely switch them on and off, so that if I switched them on when leaving the house,they would be fully on by the time I reach the yard.
Don’t really want them on a timer, times that I go to yard can vary from day to day.
Thanks

If you have WiFi in the yard these would work .
This is a device for turning on lights remotely using a phone or tablet it also can be turned on with a switch . It is programmable so you could turn it on with a switch but be programmed to turn off after an hour. It has a dawn and dusk setting or you could program it for different times. It cost €9.5 .
View attachment 64463
The wiring diagram.
View attachment 64464

If you have WiFi in the yard these would work .
Only have WiFi during calving season, so no WiFi for about 8 Months of the year.
Something like the electric fence job, done via gsm, but hardwired into the circuit would be ideal.

Change your lights to LED and you will not have to wait as it has full power the instance they are turned on and i would consider them better, more like day light.
Would prefer to have them on while driving into the yard if possible..

LED is the way to go and as mentioned have a motion sensor to switch on as you drive into yard. Also good for security! You can wire them so that you can turn them permanently on for while you are in the yard if you like and then switch back to sensor when leaving

I put up a 6m light pole this year at my entrance gate with a really good LED light which illuminates 25mtrs each side of pole as good as daylight. It works on a dusk to dawn sensor so is on all night. My electrician told me it would average out at €0.11 per night. I didn’t believe him but felt if it was anything under €1.00 a night it worth it. I am stunned but so far the 11 cents per night is fairly accurate.
LED Definitely the way to go.

Get a GSM Gate opening kit, you only need a sim. no data, just a voice sim, the contacts on the kit are not really rated for any major load so use a contactor to switch your lights, You'd have the whole lot done for 50 euro.

Go for the RTU5024 Unit. and if you want to get real fancy you can get multi output kits :Thumbp2:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=rtu502...753&tag=googiehydra-21&ref=pd_sl_1k70yzuk9w_b
Would I be right in saying I would also need a 240- 24v power converter?

I think you mean 24 to 9 assuming gate is 24.

I read it that he wasn’t sure what voltage the rtu was.
B62CBD40-93E8-44F1-A5D8-A7AEAAB82C33.jpeg

Sorry i wasn't on for a while, As the lads said above PSU needed, generally 12v will do all of these as the voltage range is 9-24 so anything in between will work, i find a 12v PSU is the most available.
The one you linked thats 240v is just a package that includes a PSU. It is still a 9-24v unit.
If i made up a unit for you ready to fit would it help ?

Would I be right in saying I would also need a 240- 24v power converter?

Sorry i wasn't on for a while, As the lads said above PSU needed, generally 12v will do all of these as the voltage range is 9-24 so anything in between will work, i find a 12v PSU is the most available.
The one you linked thats 240v is just a package that includes a PSU. It is still a 9-24v unit.
If i made up a unit for you ready to fit would it help ?
Cheers enda, how much would it cost for you to make it up, pm me if ya like.
Looking at psu on rs online, how much current does the gsm unit draw?

Back